Options
    [SIZE=+1]Queenriderbrekke was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:D:D

22 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Wednesday): History 1 : Easier

[/SIZE]enhanced-buzz-14916-1428335998-9.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• chocaholics
    chocaholics Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning.
    I have read this a few times because I think I must be reading it wrong.
    I'm reading that it had a valuation 30 years ago and was valued at £2000 then but you chose to only insure it for £1500 which is what they are paying you.
    Plus they are paying £700 for the other ring which a jeweller has valued at £950.

If I'm reading it correctly I think you have two points to argue. Firstly the £250 that they have under valued the second ring by and secondly the vouchers forvthe high street jewellers presumably Gold Smith type stores.
    Tell them that you don't want vouchers but you want your local jeweller to source you a ring most similar to your mum's and ask
    them to settle direct with the jeweller, check with the jeweller first though.

It is very difficult to compare a ring that looks "similar" because it depends on the stone, colour, clarity, inclusions.

I understand why you are upset but once you get the new ring make sure it is listed on your insurance :o

We see this constantly I served a lady yesterday with a beautiful ring. It had been valued at £7000 20 years ago but it wasnt listed on her insurance, when i asked why she said because the premium would go up....... not as much as replacing that diamond I thought....but didn't say :D

Still no baby :eek:

Good morning di and all the elite. The reason why I declared the value on my insurance for the solitaire as £1500 was because I thought the valuation certificate had been lost, (found now) and on the insurance application it said anything above £1500 must have a valuation. Of course I meant to to do that but you know how it is, the road to hell and all that. The other ring was described and sent with a photo of my daughters ring as my ring and hers had the same size stones in it and the jewellery assessors decided that each stone was 10 points, in other words 1/10 of a carat but my daughter has a valuation certificate stating that each stone is 22 points. They are now saying that they wont pay me for that ring as in view of the fact that therefore its value was over £1500 and since I didnt declare it they wont pay for it, or at least that is what the last person I spoke to implied.
    I do understand that each stone despite size is valued individually but it was just a rough description as I had no photos of it. Its the
    first time in my long life I have made a claim, but wasnt expecting such a slippery response.

Heres hoping the joyful day will be here very soon, bet all your nails are chewed up.
    x
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    I've just recently had this it was 10 days later the money came out and the refund went in same day threw me a bit!

Will be chasing again they still owe me £50 been nearly 3 weeks now, store have tried pushing it through but its not processing pita!
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Morning all.
    Just been checking my bank, and Adsa have not taken the money out of my bank for a C&C I did a week ago (7th). Do they normally take this long? TIA

DM - I'm still waiting for one on 1st :eek: But another one took over a week. I suspect ones where they did not deliver certain items take longer to process. I think they are slightly backlogged. :D

JTS - glad you're doing ok.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    Did not see your sums. Stuck at work. Was it 50p for medium.

Yes...and thanks for trying zippy....:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • chocaholics
    chocaholics Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    Usually a % of value

:)
    If I remember rightly- it is 30 years ago, I did the valuation at F. Hinds Jewellers as Mum asked me to and I think it was about £80 - £90. The ring was valued at £1995.Was a bit shocked at the time I must say.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good Morning all it's a rather nice day here so far :D
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    You can't make it up. Just found out that one of our "neighbours" from Scotland is parked up next to us in the camping ground.:eek::eek: Half way round the world....

Lovely to see you westie:T

That happens so often. I bet most of us will have a story to tell about random holiday meetings. We bumped into our neighbours walking down a street in Dublin:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

I've been rather poorly recently, but my bloods show I'm good to go for my 3rd round tomorrow.

diluvsdiscounts - thank you so much again for your advice about Ondansetron. I spoke to my Oncologist and asked him for more for the next round. Without hesitation he agreed to give me the full 5 days worth rather than just the 2 days :j

Hugs and positive thoughts to all those that are going through rough times :A

And thank you TM :A

Any tips for Cheltenham?:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    wackynut wrote: »
    The 4 for £5 ales look to be ending today so should glitch.
    I'm at work so can't bring links over or look for comparisons properly but some should compare ok

Thanks for the heads up wacky.

Time to stock up:)

Di should be wetting the baby's head soon:T:T:T:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income