BUY ONE GET ONE FREE - £6.50
    ** MULTIBUY **
    EARN 1 POINT FOR EVERY £1 SPENT
    MEMBERS ONLY 3 FOR 2 OVERLAY ON BODY AND SKIN - £6.50
    Continue ShoppingUpdate Basket
    Voucher code

Type voucher code in here
    Enter code
    Please note that you can only use each code once.
    Accepted Payment Methods
    payment icons
    Subtotal exc. savings £19.50
    Promotional Savings- £13.00
    Points earned * 18
    Total inc. savings & redemptions £6.50

Did this last week, parcel at the post office to pick up :T
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Evening Elite :wave: I've been AWOL as drove down to see my friends in Hampshire on Friday, staying with Kit in Purbrook, Portsmouth, though we have been over to see the boys. We all went to free screening of Fallen in Southampton on Saturday morning and enjoyed it - thanks to OP for links to showfilmsfirst

Otherwise, just been taking it easy :D Just managed to catch up as not been on laptop except couple of hourse last night and then a bit today

rose - oh my, what a mess. It must have been dreadful to walk in and see all that. Glad the assessors are starting their work though and dryers are in
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It can be frustrating, but keep going you will get there in the end.

Your mum is entitled to an assessment of need - this could include practical support as in someone coming in to help her, or financial support to pay someone to do this. I am not sure what the cut off point is for cost effectiveness with home care /residential care, it used to be anything over 12 hours a week is not cost effective to remain living independently (this is handy to know before hand).

As a carer, you are entitled to a carers assessment which can help for holidays, respite care etc.

Lots of people try to keep parents living independently as this is deemed to be the most idea, but often it looses focus on the needs of the individual and the impact on the rest of the family. x

You always seem so knowledgeable, I presume you work in some sort of Social Care capacity, apologies if I am wrong.

I wish I was more enlightened to how the costs and assessments for help with entitlement towards costs in private care homes is worked out.
    We already know that Mum would have to meet the full cost of any care at home and we believe that the only home she would ever consider; as a very last option; costs the best part of £1,000.00 per week.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Saversue wrote: »
    Did your FiL feel happy having carers in ?
    Mum is adamant that she won't have any and has told Social Services that she can manage and will not have anyone. As she would have to pay for all her care, they can't force her to have a financial assessment or accept help.

I am my Mum's only relative where we live.
    I have no family of my own and had to retire due to ill health many years ago, so am expected to do everything for my Mum by relatives out-of-town.
    I have a brother 50 miles away, but he has always been next to useless and now has Cancer himself.

I can't read back fully but couldn't not comment Sue:o

I sense your isolation and weariness and I wish some of us lived closer to help ease your burden. I hope you manage to find a little time for yourself soon, just so you can keep on keeping on. I don't know what others have mentioned but please reach out and try and find some help...charities, volunteers, ring your GP, Carers, If appropriate Macmillan, Marie Curie.......

Samaritans are at the end of the phone too...not just for the suicidal but for those really struggling with desperate situations. They will have lists of support groups etc in your area and may have someone who can help you find the help you need.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »

So, in short, I think, as of mid-week last week, the time has most probably passed now on the Toni & Guys. [...] I think they will still be around - one here in one M, another there in another - they're still around in M (somewhere) but they are now not generally around.

I refuse to believe that M ever truly goes completely and entirely OOS of anything:rotfl:.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I've just completed the Insiders survey for the Purina cat food trial.

I've told them Oz will eat anything and isn't really fussy.:whistle::whistle::whistle:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Sunflower1227
    Sunflower1227 Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer, do you know if this compares AvM ?

Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser (125ml)
    Morrisons £4.04 any 3 for £5.00
    ASDA £2.75

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    What else can I get the man who has everything aka me!!

Earplugs? :whistle:
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills