Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• shirley999
    shirley999 Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Has everyone got their 1000 nectar points from Virgin. Has ANYONE got the Viking points yet?
    I can only speak for myself; yes, and no. :) Very lucky to get the Virgin points as it wasn't a Virgin train I booked!
  • XxxX_2
    XxxX_2 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    I seem to remember this being posted about a couple of times over the last few years. I think it must be to do with the way your driver/store processes the refusals on their system.

probably the correct way. but lucky for us the training is not covering this very well
  • streetlights
    streetlights Posts: 3,577 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening I hope you are well. From a womble dated today AvM
    1x L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Express Pro Self-Tanning Dry Mist Medium Skin Body (150ml) £15.00 £10.00

1x ASDA Fishmonger's Selection Mussels in White Wine Sauce (500g) £3.00 £2.00

AvT

1x L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Express Pro Self-Tanning Dry Mist Medium Skin Body (150ml) £15.00 £14.00
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
  • streetlights
    Options
    womble AvM
    1x Carling Lager (20x440) £14.00 £12.00
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    shirley999 wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself; yes, and no. :) Very lucky to get the Virgin points as it wasn't a Virgin train I booked!

:rotfl::rotfl:

I'm sure some of us were on the Megabus:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • chocaholics
    Options
    Has everyone got their 1000 nectar points from Virgin. Has ANYONE got the Viking points yet?

I got only 500 points today so went on live chat and after a bit of persuasion they said they would give me the other 500 points tomorrow. The points are coming from Virgin which I didnt realise, I thought they were awarded by sainsbobs.
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    When I did the Big Issue walk last week I met a lovely lady who volunteers for the Barons Court Project, a small charity which supports the homeless and those who are living with mental health issues. They have been given the opportunity to hold a bucket collection at Chelsea FC if they can get enough votes. I'm not after money, just a quick click of your mouse if you can spare a minute.
    Link on the charities board here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72233964#post72233964

Thank you x
  • chocaholics
    Options
    I've had a brilliant day today.

I've had this idea chasing around in my head for years.

One of the downfalls of giving food parcels is that it doesn't really solve a lot of the underlying problems. It's a sort of stopgap measure...like a sticking plaster.
    One of the underlying problems is lack of knowledge/ experience/ not being able to shop and cook on a budget.

Imagine picking up a food parcel and attached to it, is a volunteer with a carrier bag of ingredients who would go back to your house with you and show you how to cook a very basic family meal. Imagine the kids coming home to a tasty casserole. :T:T
    So ....you start with a very basic repertoire of 4/5 meals, costed out at between £2 and £3 per meal for 4 for example.
    There's lots of things to be ironed out....health and safety:o and risk assessments:o, lack of cooking equipment ....some families are without even the most basic cookery stuff:o

Anyway I did a pitch for some funding today and it went really well. I feel really hopeful that this sort of intervention could make a huge difference to people...improving their health and lifestyle.

There's an army of women out there who are savvy shoppers and brilliant cooks. If we could match them with the young families who are struggling it would be a dream come true:)

What do you think?:)

Think thats a fantastic idea. Good luck with funding TM.
  • streetlights
    Options
    Another womble dated today
    1x Young's Chip Shop 4 Large Battered Haddock Fillets (480g) £4.00 £3.00 AvT and M
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    When I did the Big Issue walk last week I met a lovely lady who volunteers for the Barons Court Project, a small charity which supports the homeless and those who are living with mental health issues. They have been given the opportunity to hold a bucket collection at Chelsea FC if they can get enough votes. I'm not after money, just a quick click of your mouse if you can spare a minute.
    Link on the charities board here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72233964#post72233964

Thank you x

I have clicked my mouse in your direction:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills