Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    birds eye fish inspirations cod fillets reduced to clear morrisons - 10p
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/birds-fish-inspirations-cod-fillets-reduced-clear-morrisons-10p-2541663

Shame it's not the ones that are on CS/COS

2541663_1.jpg

Jammy devil, we no longer have a Mr M to go hunting in :p :rotfl:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest what Amex card to get to take advantage of these small shop things please. I don't want avios or anything. Might have asked before can t remember lol

I would go Gold or N3ctar if you will hit the spend to trigger the bonus (plus tcb or QC) - I feel sure I answered you yesterday too :D.

Anon
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest what Amex card to get to take advantage of these small shop things please. I don't want avios or anything. Might have asked before can t remember lol
    Check out these
    https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/content/all-cards/cm/?sourcecode=MULT000219&cpid=100122272&veid=snZAJhSIh|dc_pcrid_109230860082_plid__kword_amex%20cards_match_e&s_tntref=https://www.google.co.uk
    look at annual fees and rewards...and compare with cashback from tcb too
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/american_express/
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Good morning all....

I'm still playing catch up on the thread and am somewhere over the weekend at the moment....but I have read enough to see that our lovely tweets has not had the best few days...so I am sending her a special virtual hug of the highest quality. xx

I missed all the fireworks on Saturday and indeed last night too.

I am waiting to be discharged at some point today so am looking forward to going home.
    ...but I have been incensed whilst watching tv this morning over what appears to be some suited government official asking people not to go to the doctors unless its urgent!!!!!

Until this weekend and the tail end of last week I personally have not been treated in hospital for 15 years,although our family have used it as inpatients on many occasions all gratefully received .....but potentially had I been given a doctors appointment at the beginning of last week and a consultation as I requested I may not have then needed to be an in patient and "bed blocked" I think the term was used by the same suited official.
    I understand that there are many people who do abuse the system and contact their GP for everything rather than at first contacting a pharmacist etc etc....but in my case I knew that what was developing within my lungs and breathing was a little more than the effects of a standard cold.....I'm not the type of person who runs to the doctors at the slightest ache...surely their computer history would have backed that up rather than me just being given a standard response of wait a few more weeks and continue with your inhaler as directed.(I got that twice from the GP surgery)...and I was only given a home visit on Thursday reluctantly following a very stern and concerned phonecall from my OH to the GP.
    I'm going home today with a bag of medication and know I'm not to over do things I also know I'm not better but improving.

So I guess I urge anyone who feels that they have more than a cold to see the GP whatever the official line is...your health is far more precious than any government statistic
    The GP receptionist was insistent I had a bad cold that would clear naturally...I've had bronco pneumonia from which I will now continue my recovery at home,

now off my soap box ....and as you have all gathered with a lot more spirit than I've had over the past few weeks..

Sarah ...welcome home after your lovely holiday...I have been to that bit of Mexico and we did all the zipwiring too a good few years back..if you had half the fun we did I know you have some wonderful memories.

...now onto more pressing questions that I have yet to read an answer for the QoC is now a ditzy D....I'm sure there's a story...but it might be hard for me to forget the queen!

Hope everyone is well as we face the new week....I cant wait to get home to watch the presidential elections and my own bed.

Good news that you're on the mend and on the way home. x

I would send a copy of this to your NHS Trust, it is ridiculous that access to medical help can be blocked due to a general policy.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I would go Gold or N3ctar if you will hit the spend to trigger the bonus (plus tcb or QC) - I feel sure I answered you yesterday too :D.

Anon

I don't think it was yesterday lol but thanks I ll have a look:)
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

Been & collected all my goodies from Arg0s - took 13 minutes of waiting :o
    But there were 2 other customers with the same things :o

Very happy as they gave me different night lights & different lenticular books :)

That's a few raffle prizes sorted :)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :o:o I'm just getting my sense of smell back, it's been nearly 8 months since I gave up the fags :D
    And I commented that I could smell a ash tray today :o how I used to smell
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    APG refunds you £1.80 and COS £2 so cost is 70p which is still a decent saving

(I think you've taken 10% of the A price off the M price to get to £2.55 and then taken the £2 cb off of that)

Only £1.50 on my cos not £2:(
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :o:o I'm just getting my sense of smell back, it's been nearly 8 months since I gave up the fags :D
    And I commented that I could smell a ash tray today :o how I used to smell

Well done on 8 months, a great achievement. :j:j

My womble from earlier shows A was cheaper but gave me 16p v S.

A £40 shop and not one item of it compared to W at all - the W column shows £0 - £0
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure