Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning guys, can I ask if anyone has any knowledge of memory foam matresses, not had a decent night's sleep for almost a year and been told we need to invest in one of these, have had a quick look on web but there are so many different variations, can anyone recommend one at all? please n thanks.x
    We have Tempur Cloud. It's not cheap but well worth it for us, we find it extremely comfortable. A lot of people say they don't like Tempur because it makes them too hot but we've not found that to be the case. We got ours from Dreams and it came with a 40(?) day trial so if you really couldn't get on with it, you could exchange it for something else.
  • Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning ...a NSD for me and lookin out of the widow it could be a good day for clearing a the carpet of frozen Magnolia leaves from the front lawn ...a job that needs to be done as when the wind blows they all collect around the front door:eek:
    Enjoy your Sunday and stay warm and cosy :)
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Morning .

Fireworks started when got settled in bed last night so not happy was nearly midnight before Poppy settled proper.

So much for time off work I am tired .

Sorry if I been quiet :(

Got phone call just as tea was nearly ready Friday strange mobile answered it. Man telling me mum had fell (she had been on way home from town and nearly home) on her face he said she was complaining sore neck and had bad cut on nose. He was with his wife who happened to be a nurse.

They had phoned for ambulance but got told there was a 4-5 hour wait :mad:

Man asked if I could get to A&E soon as they where taking her. I said yes and A next door took me. Gets to hospital worrying about mum and worrying about Poppy who was locked in kitchen with no noise I don't possess radio etc.

Gets to mum she had fallen face first on wet leaves :mad:

Was at hospital til nearly 10pm I think sorry not sure ,

Outcome to that mums nose wasn't bad but she as broken a bone in her neck confirmed after a scan :(

She still in hospital with her neck in a plastic neck thing and she having another scan Monday.

I got home starving and opened kitchen door Poppy flew out to me she was petrified I found out yesterday fireworks had been going off :mad:

Went mums yesterday Saturday to pick some stuff clothes towel etc for mum and took them to the hospital. She seemed better than she did Friday when I saw her.

I told her no way was I visiting last night nor tonight . Bro :mad: least I tell you about him the better put it this way we not close and I am not a violent person but he needs a good slap . He visited last night after leaving work early.

Visiting is open so can go anytime. I will visit mum after work tomorrow and every day after. Glad visiting is open because my work is nearer hospital then my house . Yesterday I was tired hardly slept Friday was up around 4ish yesterday. Had a bit better sleep last night but still feel tired.

DS was on stand by to yesterday to travel from Liverpool if bro :mad: couldn't visit mum last night. Bro and his gf (who got car) visiting this afternoon/evening, They will call here but have to go home tonight they both have work tomorrow,

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but tears are streaming down my face writing it.

AJ knows full story if it doesn't make sense think she will amend accordingly for you :o
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Morning guys, can I ask if anyone has any knowledge of memory foam matresses, not had a decent night's sleep for almost a year and been told we need to invest in one of these, have had a quick look on web but there are so many different variations, can anyone recommend one at all? please n thanks.x

Hi CC......I have recently purchased two mattresses....It is a nightmare...(pardon the pun) trying to find one...My only suggestion would be to go lay on a few in stores....You can get a feel of what you might like to sleep on...soft/medium/firm......Unfortunately until you actually spend some time sleeping on a mattress you never know if you are going to like it....

I'm not much help but thought my experience might help you....Good luck:D
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Options

Morning ,

We have one of these. https://www.ergoflex.co.uk/?gclid=CLyc4P7ck9ACFcO4GwodT1IMKg
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options

I have one of these on top of my mattress had it since 2013 and they don't make me sweat like some folk say memort foam do.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ZVIM42/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Options
    Ah bless you tweets what a lot you have been through ...hope Mum will be okay and couldn't have happened at a worse time for you ..take care :Aand sending you huge Nannylala hug and a nice :coffee: x
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Morning .

Fireworks started when got settled in bed last night so not happy was nearly midnight before Poppy settled proper.

So much for time off work I am tired .

Sorry if I been quiet :(

Got phone call just as tea was nearly ready Friday strange mobile answered it. Man telling me mum had fell (she had been on way home from town and nearly home) on her face he said she was complaining sore neck and had bad cut on nose. He was with his wife who happened to be a nurse.

They had phoned for ambulance but got told there was a 4-5 hour wait :mad:

Man asked if I could get to A&E soon as they where taking her. I said yes and A next door took me. Gets to hospital worrying about mum and worrying about Poppy who was locked in kitchen with no noise I don't possess radio etc.

Gets to mum she had fallen face first on wet leaves :mad:

Was at hospital til nearly 10pm I think sorry not sure ,

Outcome to that mums nose wasn't bad but she as broken a bone in her neck confirmed after a scan :(

She still in hospital with her neck in a plastic neck thing and she having another scan Monday.

I got home starving and opened kitchen door Poppy flew out to me she was petrified I found out yesterday fireworks had been going off :mad:

Went mums yesterday Saturday to pick some stuff clothes towel etc for mum and took them to the hospital. She seemed better than she did Friday when I saw her.

I told her no way was I visiting last night nor tonight . Bro :mad: least I tell you about him the better put it this way we not close and I am not a violent person but he needs a good slap . He visited last night after leaving work early.

Visiting is open so can go anytime. I will visit mum after work tomorrow and every day after. Glad visiting is open because my work is nearer hospital then my house . Yesterday I was tired hardly slept Friday was up around 4ish yesterday. Had a bit better sleep last night but still feel tired.

DS was on stand by to yesterday to travel from Liverpool if bro :mad: couldn't visit mum last night. Bro and his gf (who got car) visiting this afternoon/evening, They will call here but have to go home tonight they both have work tomorrow,

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but tears are streaming down my face writing it.

AJ knows full story if it doesn't make sense think she will amend accordingly for you :o

Morning all, hope everyone's we!!.

You have had a right time of it tweets, trying to sort out your Mum just when Poppy needed you the most. Well done for getting through a tough weekend on your own, hope things soon improve with your Mum. Hugs xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • ROCKINGHAM
    Options
    Oh Tweets Wanna jump in the car and get up there to look after you and Poppy. Sending you huge hugs xx
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    I am well thanks . our Christmas at work starts th last weekend in November decorations and tree has to be up ready for Xmas fair. Its the busiest 2 days if the year we have 10 staff in each day . on Monday we are menu planning for Christmas . need some easy to prepare dishes with a festive twist . have some bookings for traditional Xmas dinner and some vegan bookings which will he fun.
    Sadly doing a wake next week one of our regulars lovely old chap. But was touched when his dd asked me as she said it was His favourite place and he was grateful that we spent the time talking to him and let him stay for hours.

You have come such a long way rhosy
    Aww bet the old chap was lonely and it meant the world to him coming there and having lovely company xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure