Options

Comments

• abailey54
    abailey54 Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya :hello:

Hope all's well with the elite?

My internet browsing time has been severely limited recently, as has my shopping time so feeling very glitch deprived - I did manage to pick up some mullers though last week so fridge is not empty :T

Did I miss the twine glitch? I'm sure it'll be around again soon :D

Hope pd got her mousey friend sorted, makes me shiver thinking about them. Definitely recommend peanut butter (smartprice of course).

When we had an infestation of them, they learned how to set the traps off and one would set it off and the rest would go feast on the goods. Then we started resetting the traps as soon as we heard them go off and managed about 4 in the space of 10 minutes from one trap. Yuck

Previously tried the humane traps and managed to catch one mouse, but over a long period of time, meanwhile the !!!!!!s were breeding :(
    Final cigarette smoked 02/01/18
    Weight loss 2017 28lbs
    Weight gain 2018 8lbs :rotfl:
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Whilst I understand what both you, mhoc mean I had an uncle who worked so hard his whole life and saved hard paying as much as he could into his pension. They were going to travel the world and do everything they had wished for their whole lives.
    He was at my daughter's christening I n the February and was cremated on my dads birthday in the may. He got a degenerative disease and that was that, his letter granting him early retirement arrived the day his family made the decision to turn off his life support machine.
    We are all going to die and none of us know when, when you have questioned your mortality it makes the here and now far more important than any unknown future. Sorry this is getting a bit heavy it wasn't my intention :o

I know exactly what you mean- I finished work in march as you all know to help my DIL + DS look after baby. It wasn't a decision I took lightly as I have several years before my state pension and I only paid in to a pension with the nhs a few years ago when it was compulsory, as when I first started my job it was only part time and we needed the money I couldn't afford to put in a pension.
    But after 30 years working on community with the elderly and palliative it puts life very much in perspective and if I think too deeply its frightening - but my awareness of life stems from earlier, my son was 10 months old and I went to work evenings at a newly opened hospital as a domestic (cleaner)..now as a domestic you went everywhere all over the hospital and saw many things which were heart wrenching, on A+E, ICU,and NICU, and taking cups of tea into grieving relatives, as well as the mandatory fire training which held me in good stead for when I could have lost my life in a house fire 16 years ago:eek:
    Oh dear Di ive done the same as you:(
    Anyway on a much lighter note I am doing rather well on my FROCKY....we went to London last weekend and I didn't intend to count that in our budget but that turned out much more expensive than we wanted:eek:
    On route to the Travelodge which had already been booked and paid for we stopped of at Bella Italia this was being paid for with T cc vouchers and a previously bought gift card for the drinks..The food was very good none of us had pasta or pizza but after several complaints about our order and telling the manager we were popping over to Tesco to get our dessert the bill inc drinks was £100:eek: but we got it down to £70 but the good thing was we used cc vouchers for all the bill:)
    We on Saturday went to Shrek,dungeons and aquarium (tickets acquired by DS well in advance) the plan then being DH and myself to baby sit whilst the other family members went to cineworld at 02 using free tickets, and having nandos which a gift card had already been purchased (last Dec) so free evening:) but no everyone shattered so it was a takeaway and no cinema :( bang goes £40.:( Next day sky garden with the free tickets booked 6 weeks prior to visit- lovely views but we did succumb to buying a coffee- then sunday lunch that was another £70 for us all which we hadn't allowed for at a local pub, so what was to be a relatively cash free weekend we ended up spending money. And to top it all no bargains in Sd but we did well at wombles £15 ish:)
    I will check later on my budget and post here and the way I have been calculating it but my total has gone down:)
    Oh gosh don't I ramble??:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :o

Another morning gone, with car tax problems, holiday lets & packing for tomorrow. Going down to Parents via IKEA where I will purchase a KIVIK sofa :T & extra covers ;)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    [SIZE=+1]eightieschick88 was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:):)

29 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Thursday): World : UK

[/SIZE]T-REX%2BBED.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 October 2016 at 1:47PM
    Options
    4 Cartons for £5.00 - Wine Gums 460g - Liquorice Allsorts 460g - Swizzles 350g - Quality Streets 265g - Celebrations 245g - Roses 187g - Heroes 185g @ Morrisons

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/4-cartons-for-5-wine-gums-460g-liquorice-allsorts-460g-swizzles-350g-quality-streets-2527386

oops i see bubbs has already posted. ah well for them what want to make the thread a lot shorter and has her on ignore:rotfl:
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Hillbern I've done plenty of rambling myself this morning.....oh well it's good for the soul. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend even if it was an expensive one.
    Just had an hour on the phone to Ellie14.............well we had alot to catch up on:rotfl:
    For the northerners anyone wanting a get together. I'll message you know who now and see if she feels up to testing her immune system. Everyone will have to do a self check......no sniffles allowed :o
  • ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon

Some thought provoking posts today

Thanks hillbilly and hammpy thought I would risk a delivery today...this was from a 10 o clock delivery but results only just through ,

Corona worked

View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    15 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    1x ASDA Skimmed Milk (4 PINT) £0.95 £1.00
    1x ASDA Chosen by Kids Apples (MW550G) £0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Garlic (EACH) £0.30 £0.35
    0.6x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.41 N/A
    2x Kingsmill Medium White Bread (800G) £1.50 N/A
    1x Pink 'n' Whites Mallow Wafers (6 PACK) £0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen by Kids Easy Peasy Peelers (500G) £0.50 N/A
    0.6x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (PER KG) £0.33 £0.36
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (EACH) £0.42 £0.45
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Baking Potatoes (2.5KG) £1.70 £2.00
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4PT) £0.95 £1.00
    9x Corona Extra Lager (4X330) £40.50 £15.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £45.15 £20.16
    +£24.99 cheaper
    For your information:
    Asda Price Guarantee comparisons are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • ledlights
    ledlights Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon

Some thought provoking posts today

Thanks hillbilly and hammpy thought I would risk a delivery today...this was from a 10 o clock delivery but results only just through ,

Corona worked

View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    15 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    1x ASDA Skimmed Milk (4 PINT) £0.95 £1.00
    1x ASDA Chosen by Kids Apples (MW550G) £0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Garlic (EACH) £0.30 £0.35
    0.6x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.41 N/A
    2x Kingsmill Medium White Bread (800G) £1.50 N/A
    1x Pink 'n' Whites Mallow Wafers (6 PACK) £0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen by Kids Easy Peasy Peelers (500G) £0.50 N/A
    0.6x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (PER KG) £0.33 £0.36
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (EACH) £0.42 £0.45
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Baking Potatoes (2.5KG) £1.70 £2.00
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4PT) £0.95 £1.00
    9x Corona Extra Lager (4X330) £40.50 £15.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £45.15 £20.16
    +£24.99 cheaper
    For your information:
    Asda Price Guarantee comparisons are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).
    anyone.think.it.would.work.in.scotland
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    ledlights wrote: »
    anyone.think.it.would.work.in.scotland

Not likely
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon Elite.

Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.

Started a bit wet and murky-looking this morning but visiting my Mum and lunch with my best friend has turned the day around. Wishing you all such an enjoyable day, whatever your plans.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure