First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning. Just popped in to say. Sainsbobs
    25% off wines etc and 25% off TU clothing starts today
    Have a good day everyone
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning, another beautiful day in the making.
    Does anyone know about free credit checks, Dd and her boyfriend are viewing a couple of houses to rent this week but the credit checks cost £250:eek: so I was hoping g to do a free one to see if they will be accepted to save their money if it's a no. I've never done a credit check in my life so don't really know where to start. I'm off to Google it but I'm sure I've read that it can damage your credit rating doing a check so I was g to be careful.

A lot depends on who they will be renting from....some LL's do very basic checks and others are more in detail...I'm assuming that the rental is being arranged via a Letting agent and they should be able to tell you what factors they take into account.

Off the top of my head its a credit score,affordability,length at previous address,employment.

If the credit checks turn out low,which some times they do on first renters there is the option for the LL to request guarantors...have a read up on it and see if you would be prepared to do...basically you sign an agreement to pay the rent if they don't.....it works for some people....usually there is an extra charge for this to be set up....it's all fees I'm afraid and setting up for the first time renting isn't cheap.

Check the tenancy agreement carefully and find out if the property is being managed by the agent letting it or by the LL...
    also check that they understand all the fees particularly ones centred around the renewal of contracts.

anything else you think of...drop me and email or pmx
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    I will say Good morning although I'm off on a mission sorting out my tenants this morning so won't be around

Have a great day all...it looks like the sun is shining.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Think Oz has been in a fight :o

Out the door peeps:)

1D8F3961-DC2A-4070-9AAF-77847475796A_zpsxh1in7t1.jpg

Poor Oz, his poor nose, that looks a nasty wound TM, hope you've bathed it and put something on it :)
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning Elite :hello:

Had to fiddle around with Internet settings on iPad late last night. Couldn't get connected so read my book on kindle. This morning in laptop, no internet connection :eek: so turned router off then on and hey presto I'm back :T

Nothing planned for today apart from doggie sitting here later on :D. I love it as they are such good company :cool:

Pictures tomorrow with other granddaughter if she wants to go, there's a matinee at 12.15pm or 2.30pm, I'd prefer the earlier but we shall see :)

In my attempt to clear and tidy some drawers, I now have no padded envelopes :eek: I need one desperately and need to post a few things off either today or tomorrow at the latest :(. I hate leaving things like this until last minute :o

Emmap Happy Birthday to you

:bdaycake:

Not as good as a PD original but the thought is there. Have a great day x

Hugs to those in need, and a special gentle ((hugs)) to my fair friend. I'll track you down to your current abode :rotfl: :rotfl:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D

Wedding Anniversary today ♥ He has bought me the most gorgeous silver bird necklace I spotted in the Art Gallery the other day :D

He played with his Bowls last night & was very happy with them apart from ripping his trousers all up the leg to his boxers :rotfl::rotfl:

And I've just found some very old lost friends on FB from the 1980's
    They are running a pub in Mid Wales :D
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :D

Wedding Anniversary today ♥ He has bought me the most gorgeous silver bird necklace I spotted in the Art Gallery the other day :D

He played with his Bowls last night & was very happy with them apart from ripping his trousers all up the leg to his boxers :rotfl::rotfl:

And I've just found some very old lost friends on FB from the 1980's
    They are running a pub in Mid Wales :D

Happy Anniversary Snap, have a lovely day.
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Bit worried today. DD called me last night to say she has found a small lump in her breast. It is also dimpling. She cant get a dr's appt today but maybe tommorow. I hope its not anything serious and she did stop breastfeeding about 7 weeks ago so it may be connected with that. ( she also had a breast reduction some years ago so might just be scar tissue)
    Off to the outdoor pool with her OH and the baby after lunch then I have gammon and jacket potatoes in the slow cookers for t. Plenty of trees at the pool to keep baba cool
  • scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning peeps. :)

Just got back from the walk in centre hospital because I twisted my ankle on Saturday night! Needless to say, I've chipped a bone again and am now in a beckham boot for a few months, again!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure