Dolly's dwelling dreams will become a reality.......

Options
Getting a little ahead of myself by posting in the MFW boards at the moment but I thought why not start early.

I am currently a DFW, will be DF by April 2017.

My first steps to becoming a MFW are to get a mortgage so once my debt is gone it's time to start saving for the deposit.

I will be buying a house based only on my own income so will need a higher deposit which means will be saving a little longer, I am aiming to buy my first house by 2020-2021 which I know seems like forever away but I need to be realistic.

This will be a rather long & winding road so best start now ;)

Dxxx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    So how is this going to work?

I am going to do it step by step;

1 - Become Debt Free
    2 - Save deposit
    3 - Find Dolly's Dwelling
    4 - Get a mortgage
    5 - MFW
    6 - Mortgage Free

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    In April 2016 the debt total was 12,710.91.

As of today the debt total is 10,557.52 so making progress with it.

Budget is pretty tight but will try to chip away at it with extra payments as & when we can :money:

Will update this once again in July, wish I could get paid a monthly wage twice a month, now that would be smashing!

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dedicated to my cause, in work doing OT right now.

IT need someone to test the systems so that someone is me.

The pennies will go towards our London costs this month.

Dxxx
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 January 2022 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Monrng Dolly Rocker, just wanted to welcome you to the mfw board :)

Well done working to clear the debt, lots us have been there - I know I have over £30k :o anyway, best of luck saving for your new home, it seem like a long way off, but the years have a way of slipping by fast! :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • SuperSecretSquirrel
    SuperSecretSquirrel Posts: 1,045 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 January 2022 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Good luck Dolly Rocker! Starting out with this mindset from the off will see you in good stead I am sure!
  • LadyGnome
    LadyGnome Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Best of luck.
    I think it is good to have a focus beyond clearing the debt. Instead of clearing the debt being the end point, you are clearing the debt to enable you to buy your own place. All the skills you've gained paying down the debts will be useful when you start saving for the deposit and then tackling the mortgage.
    MortgageStart Nov 2012 £310,000
    Oct 2022 £143,277.74
    Reduction £166,722.26
    OriginalEnd Sept 2034 / Current official end Apr 2032 (but I have a cunning plan...)
    2022 MFW #78 £10200/£12000
    MFiT-6 #28 £21,772 /£75000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Monrng Deleted_User, just wanted to welcome you to the mfw board :)

Well done working to clear the debt, lots us have been there - I know I have over £30k :o anyway, best of luck saving for your new home, it seem like a long way off, but the years have a way of slipping by fast! :D

Thanks newgirly, yeah those years will fly by.

can't believe its June already.

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good luck Deleted_User! Starting out with this mindset from the off will see you in good stead I am sure!

Thanks SuperSecretSquirrel, a good mindset is exactly what I need right now, I am super focused.

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    LadyGnome wrote: »
    Best of luck.
    I think it is good to have a focus beyond clearing the debt. Instead of clearing the debt being the end point, you are clearing the debt to enable you to buy your own place. All the skills you've gained paying down the debts will be useful when you start saving for the deposit and then tackling the mortgage.

Thanks LadyGnome & you are right.

I am used to being on this budget now so this will last right through till we buy our home.

I can't wait for that day to arrive.

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So last night I went to work at 9.30 for some system testing, ended up stuck there until just after 3am.

When I left work I witnessed the worst car crash I have ever seen, I was the only one who saw it so parked my car in a bus stop with the hazards on & called the emergency services, I was so scared of what I was going to see when I got to that car but the guy appeared fine, had a cut on his wrist & was on his feet walking away from the car when I got there.

Had to wait around a while & give my details to the police so by the time I got home it was around 4am.

Off work today on a flexi day so going to relax & have a nice bubble bath.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport