We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

After the Judge has signed

Options
The BR order, what papers do the OR send you? And what paperwork do they need to see? :confused:

Ok, that really is the last question ...............(for now mMMmmwwwhaahahahaha! ) Now going for a long walk on the beach, where I (we) will pretend for a few hours , that all is well

Hope you all having a good weekend :)

Comments

• JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,295 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dont worry about what happens next, the clerk at the court and then the staff at the OR's office will guide you through the process.

basically, the court send your S/A to the OR, the case clerk will do the initial contact with you regarding your bank account, etc. The examiner will review your S/A and decide if they need to interview you. There are certain documents the OR will request, but these will be ones that you have such as payslips, and bank and cc statements - dont worry if you have any gaps.
  • scaredwitless32
    Options
    Thanks JCS1, I was just wondering if the SOA that your submit to the court is the only one the OR will work with, we had our forms filled out by someone at the CAB , and he took figures from my own SOA that I had written, but there was nothing on it, for things like pet, hairdressers etc,
    just wanted to know if there would be an opportunity for a more indepth SOA at a latter date? As you can probably tell from my posts Im a born worrier and probably fretting for no reason YET AGAIN lol
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi scaredwitless. :)

The "essential other payments" box at the end of Q7.1 can be used to include any other categories that don't fit in with the rest of the I&E section. Plus if there isn't enough room, you can continue information in section 13.

Personally, even if it involves writing a bit of an essay in 'section 13' I think it's best to give the OR the extra info from the beginning.

I'm sure you have, but if you haven't give the following link a thorough read through:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/freedomofinformation/technical/techmanvol1/Ch25-36/Chapter31/part7/part2/part_2.htm

Have you posted an SOA on here for everyone to advise upon? Everyone here has loads of experience on what is likely to be OK, and perhaps how to reorganise it (there is even prof advice from CAB and CCCS).
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • scaredwitless32
    Options
    Hi fermi,

I did when I first joined the forum put a SOA in one of my posts, but I shall put another one I think :) Its just that after reading everything people have posted here about filling the forms in, I was expecting the paperwork to take quite a while, but ours were filled in by the CAB, and it doesnt really go into depth on our SOA, we are deffinately going to have to fill our own forms in again, and then just let the CAB have a copy of ours! It would make me feel alot happier, and probably a little less stressed lol.
    I have read the all the links you have given me in the last couple of days, thanks fermi!!!!! :) Sometimes I read things and its still no clearer and I have to come back to the forum to get opinions again, no wonder the OR's differ so much in the way they work! lol
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Don't worry about coming back to us and asking questions. :) Some of the official info (the links I gave) is a little bit obscure to say the least, and is open to interpretation even by the OR themselves. It's only by collective experience that some sense can often be made from it.

As said, lots of us here have had our own SOA's picked apart by our OR, so feel free to post up a proposed final version for us all to comment on.

In the end you need to achieve a fair result for you and your family which does not leave you in fresh financial hardship. If your finances just end up stretched to breaking point again because you haven't submitted a realistic I&E with enough wiggle room to take care of the odd unexpected circumstance, then it defeats part of the purpose of the BR.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport