MSE News: Tesco withdrawal option to be discontinued by Topcashback - act now to pock

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
10 replies 2.3K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
Topcashback users have less than two months to swap their earnings for Tesco Clubcard points ...
Read the full story:
'Tesco withdrawal option to be discontinued by Topcashback - act now to pocket your Clubcard points'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• aileyailey Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a pity that Tesco are withdrawing this as it was fab to be able to transfer £50 over the year and then use it in their double up promotions or for 3 or 4 times the value for hotels, restaurants and other things. Oh well, it was good while it lasted!

So they're now stopping their Double Up promotion on 26 June and now the Topcashback transfer. I wonder what will be next. I hope they don't do away with their Clubcard but I don't think they will as people would then shop at other supermarkets who offer a loyalty card so hopefully that's safe.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    44.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently Topcashback users can convert up to £50 cashback per year into Clubcard points, but from 31 July they will no longer have this option.

It could mean a potential £200 loss for some users, as the Clubcard points can then be doubled, tripled or even quadrupled under the Tesco Clubcard Boost scheme

A potential £150 loss as you still have the original £50.

• PopppetPopppet Forumite
    67 Posts
    Hmm, this is slightly confusing news as the Tesco payout option has long since disappeared from my Topcashback payout menu. I don't think Tesco has been an option for at least a year.

I've moved on to using M&S; it's 5% extra and I use most of it on reduced-to-clear food so it's great value for money.
  • adoreholidaysadoreholidays Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gutted at this news as always changed what I had this way then used for boost deals as don't really shop in T's much these days and had T's Credit Card for years and seriously re thinking this as they down graded what points you get from that now also.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • adoreholidaysadoreholidays Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Popppet wrote: »
    Hmm, this is slightly confusing news as the Tesco payout option has long since disappeared from my Topcashback payout menu. I don't think Tesco has been an option for at least a year.

I've moved on to using M&S; it's 5% extra and I use most of it on reduced-to-clear food so it's great value for money.

Are you sure Popppet as I have just cashed out what i had £15.24 in mine and £24.04 in DH's account
  • FletchasketchFletchasketch Forumite
    461 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Make sure that you have your cc card number entered, or it might not show. Also, remember that if you've already cashed out £50 in the past year then you won't be able to cash out any more.

I'm just pleased that I've made full use of the £50 whilst it was available!
    Mortgage overpayments 2017: 17K, 2018: 32K, 2019: 25.5K

May'18 DEBT FREE!

£10'000 PB's: £933 Nutmeg Pot: £44'500 Company Shares
    £2328.42 TCB.
  • edited 1 June 2016 at 10:21PM
    Ziggy_StardustZiggy_Stardust Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    edited 1 June 2016 at 10:21PM
    Popppet wrote: »

It vanished for me once but when I looked my clubcard details had gone off my profile, when I put them back in I was able to get the Tesco payout again.

I must say I'm gutted by this as I change my cc points in Virgin Flying Club miles :(
  • mark5211mark5211 Forumite
    184 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    This is a big disappointment, my family converted £250 to Tesco Clubcard points this year and have been using Topcashback rather than Quidco because of the Tesco Clubcard points option.

My Clubcard details have disappeared numerous times from Topcashback, it just needed adding back again.
  • zerogzerog Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Topcashback, meanwhile, is suggesting the soon-to-be discontinued Tesco Clubcard option is not particularly popular with its users. It said since the option was made available in February 2013, just over 58,000 customers have used it – out of a possible 5.4 million.

Adam Bullock, director of Topcashback UK, says: "We have been speaking with our members who have previously used Tesco Clubcard as a payout option to find out what they used their points for

Topcashback doesn't speak to anyone except to tell them that it's not their fault their affiliates never pay up.
  • reduxredux Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topcashback say that not many of their customers were using it.

Perhaps they should have thought have making it more flexible, instead of less. More points per year, or the ability to split amounts finer than each lump from a transaction.

For instance, my Topcashback account has about £60 still clearing, all from one transaction. If it finalises in time, I wouldn't be able to use it on Tesco points anyway. A few months ago, there was about £30 made up of 3 referrals. I couldn't use that for Tesco either, due to a previous swap in March last year.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals