PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kitchenaid Mixer - Big Reduction for Bank Holiday

Options
I know it's a MAJOR purchase and one to be planned and considered but... just in case anyone is ready to commit...

eCookshop has a real bargain (relatively speaking):

http://www.ecookshop.co.uk/ecookshop/product.asp?pid=KSM150BCA

With a 'free' Kitchenaid ice cream attachment (normally about £70), a knife block and knives and a Giles and Posner pitcher and glass set.

£314.99 including all the extras.

The mixer alone is normally £440.
:hello:

Comments

• honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know it's a MAJOR purchase and one to be planned and considered but... just in case anyone is ready to commit...

eCookshop has a real bargain (relatively speaking):

http://www.ecookshop.co.uk/ecookshop/product.asp?pid=KSM150BCA

With a 'free' Kitchenaid ice cream attachment (normally about £70), a knife block and knives and a Giles and Posner pitcher and glass set.

It is a very good price. If I didnt have the trusty Kenwood I might be tempted by that.
    Mind you, I think there is a firm who fix Kenwoods and also re-spray them, so maybe one day I will have it zhuzhed up. :D
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If it helps, I upgraded my old kitchenaid (8 yo) to a new colour (shallow I know), but I sold my old one for the same price I paid for the new one (on offer) and I got a free icecream maker, which I ebayer for £45, so my upgrade paid me :) and I still had the 'free' grater accessory from my original one....

The point I am making is that they do not loose their value, so if you are going to take the plunge it is a worthwhile investment :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    If it helps, I upgraded my old kitchenaid (8 yo) to a new colour (shallow I know), but I sold my old one for the same price I paid for the new one (on offer) and I got a free icecream maker, which I ebayer for £45, so my upgrade paid me :) and I still had the 'free' grater accessory from my original one....

The point I am making is that they do not loose their value, so if you are going to take the plunge it is a worthwhile investment :)

:o:o:o Ahem - that is what I'm doing. I've gone for Empire Red :D.

I've got the Classic model (only came in white) which has been brilliant. It came with the grater attachment in a bundle and that grater is fantastic - so speedy and easy to clean - and will fit the new one.

I did have an ice cream attachment but gave it to a friend's granddaughter as I had a few disasters with my efforts and got fed up with it.

That said, now I might just give ice cream another go as I have more time now for meal prep.

Gawd, I'm excited. I think I'll spend the first week just stroking it :p.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :o:o:o Ahem - that is what I'm doing. I've gone for Empire Red :D.

I've got the Classic model (only came in white) which has been brilliant. It came with the grater attachment in a bundle and that grater is fantastic - so speedy and easy to clean - and will fit the new one.

Ditto, but went for Candy Apple Red :j. (Homer-drooled for a week )
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    eCookshop has a real bargain (relatively speaking) With a 'free' Kitchenaid ice cream attachment (normally about £70), a knife block and knives and a Giles and Posner pitcher and glass set.

John Lewis Oxford street seems to regularly have KitchenAid mixers at half or close to half price. Its either damaged boxes or (unused) customer returns. There was a red one there on Saturday.

Also last week there were 2 of the new model Vitamix's i.e the 300 series at half price.
  • Tiddlywinks
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    John Lewis Oxford street seems to regularly have KitchenAid mixers at half or close to half price. Its either damaged boxes or (unused) customer returns. There was a red one there on Saturday.

Also last week there were 2 of the new model Vitamix's i.e the 300 series at half price.

I've used eCookshop for a good few years now and have always been happy (touch wood).

The thing that makes this such a good deal is the freebies.

John Lewis is actually doing a price match on the eCookshop price but they have less colours and fewer freebies.

The extras clinched it for me otherwise I'd have gone with JL.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I bought one about 10 years ago off ebay(seller was changing the colour of her kitchen so you're not alone:rotfl:). Still going strong and its used constantly. Love it, possibly my best buy ever.
    PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm I the only one that really fancies Almond?

Is it not that great in RL?
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • Tiddlywinks
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NewShadow wrote: »
    I'm I the only one that really fancies Almond?

Is it not that great in RL?

I think Almond looks quite nice actually - and goes really well with a lot of colour schemes. If I was starting over I'd probably go for that or black.

I've only now gone for the Empire Red because I've got other bits in the same colour already and that's a colour that Kitchenaid has been consistently doing for years in kettles, toasters and coffee machines.

I love my white one and it has been great for everything but every time I saw a red one anywhere I regretted not getting red in the first place. So, tax rebate is being put to good use.

PS - If you change your mind about almond and fancy white... we could work something out ;):D.
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    PS - If you change your mind about almond and fancy white... we could work something out ;):D.

*sigh*

Please don't...

I've £400 sitting in an account, but it's earmarked for taking my mum on a surprise weekend away at the end of the month.

Trouble is... I'm thinking it's a surprise - so it's not like she'd know...
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure