On a DMP with Payplan & terrified of getting a CCJ

Options
2»

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,099 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks, I did read that but I was worrying again, so wondered if there was a certain time in which they had to issue the CCJ following a default. I guess there isn't.

Only one of my debts has been sold on to a DCA as far as I know, Link Financial. Hopefully it's only this one I need to watch out for then?

Sorry, I know I'm repeating myself, I just feel so trapped in my worries.

There's no reason to be afraid of legal action over a debt.

If a creditor/DCA is determind to take court action, as long as you fill in all forms correctly and promptly, then the court would set payment at an affordable amount.

As long as you stuck to that payment, nothing else would happen, it's a threat that sounds worse than it actually is.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • BrightLights14
    Options
    Thanks. As the defaults were issued around 3 years ago, if a CCJ happened now (or worse, in about 2 years time) it would drag my credit history down for even longer (my DMP should only last another 3ish years, I'm aiming to clear it before the defaults expire). It would also make renting more difficult, as CCJs are public. I'm so scared things are going to get even worse :(
    LBM August 2013 - debt: £27,181
    May 2017 - debt: £8,208
    DFD - December 2018 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business