Radio competitions

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
9 replies 762 views
chrissie57chrissie57 Forumite
4.9K posts
Part of the Furniture
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
I very rarely enter for the big cash radio competions because I have always been unsure what happens when they notify you of a win.

I work full time, five full days a week in a customer facing role - which means most of the time I am not able to have my phone with me. From what I gather on here, they phone you three times then move on (?) so the chances are I would miss the winning call.

I know people on here have won and I know my work circumstances are hardly unique - so are these comps worth me bothering with or not? :undecided

Many thanks :)
"If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. "
A.A. Milne

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced (James Baldwin)

Replies

• mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It varies and I think the T&C's usually say if it is a call and move on one (usually when they want to get a winner on air)

• smitchy73smitchy73 Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Lot of the ones I enter are the quick ones on a Thursday where the lines close at 6pm that evening, however, unlike yourself I can usually answer my phone at work(most of the time).
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
    43.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T&C's from one (TMF/Metro)
    Draw details and winner announcement. Within 1 hour of the competition end date, two entrants will be selected by electronic random draw. The station will telephone the selected persons between 9am and 10am on the closing date of the competition, and the selected persons must answer the phone within six rings. The station will not leave a message and, if the selected persons fail to answer, the station will call other entrants also chosen by electronic random draw (from all entrants who successfully entered, within the stated contesting times). This process will continue until 2 entrants selected answer when called by the station. You are only eligible to win 1 of the 2 prizes on offer. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for any loss of connection during calls resulting in entrants not becoming confirmed as the winners.

• smitchy73smitchy73 Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a win from LBC at the tail end of last year, they phoned about the win at about 8pm.

If you can record your own message on your voicemail on your phone, you could always make a recording how you can't answer at the moment, but to please leave a message and you'll get back to them just as soon as possible.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
    43.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    I had a win from LBC at the tail end of last year, they phoned about the win at about 8pm.

If you can record your own message on your voicemail on your phone, you could always make a recording how you can't answer at the moment, but to please leave a message and you'll get back to them just as soon as possible.

Makes no difference if they are going to move on
    The station will not leave a message

• chrissie57chrissie57 Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone, looks as if they would be wasted effort then :o Pity :(
    "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. "
    A.A. Milne

We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on; and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced (James Baldwin)
  • sarahdhsarahdh Forumite
    301 posts
    Oh god this makes me feel ill. The other morning I had a missed call (unknown number) at just before 10am, no message left. I very rarely get unknown number calls, so I wondered if it might be a win. I guess I'll never know!
    2016 wins: football tix, £50 cocktail set, £100 of Minky products, Book x2, DVD bundle, DVD x3, Starbucks voucher, Cadbury tix, foot mitts, £130 of gardening tools, Thortful voucher, rugby tix, £205 suit, Chromecast x2, dog joint tablets, eco egg, pens, £25 John Lewis, Super League Magic weekend tix, Motorhome show camping tix, bulbs
    43.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrissie57 wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone, looks as if they would be wasted effort then :o Pity :(

No, most of the T&C's do not say they will try once and move on, I just picked one to show what they look like when they do.

• cagsdcagsd Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won one of these with Rock FM last year. The competition closed at 6pm and I got the call from the DJ at 6:12pm. So I think they like to pick a winner and call straight away - I get the impression that they won't keep ringing back as it's an on-air show, but I suppose it varies from station to station.

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support