Avant Credit

Hi there, last year I took out a loan with Avant Credit, earlier this week I asked for a closing balance, as I have had to take early retirement due to ill health.
The call handler told me it was £846.52, however this would need to be collected as 2 payments, one for £95.22, and the second for £751.30, the reason given being my ususla monthly payment had been scheduled and could not be amended.
I asked once this payment was made, would my account close automatically, and was told yes, however I could contact my bank myself for additional security, the call is recorded by Avant.
I received an email from Avant saying both payments have now been made, however there is an outstanding balance of £95.22.
To date I have never missed a payment, I did call Avant, and asked to speak with someone from their resolutions team, but was told they do not speak with customers, and only deal by email.
I did lodge a formal complaint about this balance and had a reply back from their resoulutions team, saying, and quote" when a final payment was scheduled to clear the balance of your loan on April 29, an error in our system provided an incorrect amount, which leaves a balance of £95.22 to clear your balance.
Should I just pay this, or is it worth pursuing it further, given I have kept to my side of the bargain in making 2 payments to the total of £846.52, given this was the figure quoted, and that the error in their system, was not really my problem, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure