Help to find a gas BBQ with flat cooking plate as well as grill

cazwasere
cazwasere Posts: 145 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 29 April 2016 at 1:40PM in I wanna buy it or do it
Hi

BBQ we've had for over 16 years has just collapsed in time for the season, and I'm struggling to find a similar one in any of the big stores. I'm after one that has a minimum of 4 burners - 2 burners that are under a grill type cooking area (metal with spaces), and 2 that are under a flat plate (completely flat griddle metal cooking area).

Everything that I've looked at this month only has the grill type plate - cheap and expensive models! We've had so much use out of the griddle plate area rather than the 'grill' area - onions/veg/prawns/fish (anything that you don't want to fall between the holes!).

Please let me know if you spot any of these anywhere, or have any suggestions. I've tried usual Tescos, Argos, Ebay, and a few of the DIY stores. Amazon have an Outback model that has a small griddle plate, but it's a bit out of budget at £450, but the only one on the list at the moment,

Here's hoping someone spots one and lets me know
:cool: cazwasere :hello:
2008 wins about £45.... but I know the big one is just round the corner....

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    cazwasere wrote: »
    Hi
    Amazon have an Outback model that has a small griddle plate, but it's a bit out of budget at £450, but the only one on the list at the moment,

Here's hoping someone spots one and lets me know
    Sticking "4 burner bbq" into search at Amazon , this came out first

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-Mountain-Everest-Burner-Barbecue/dp/B00JWNRI7Y/

which appears to do what you want ?
  • cazwasere
    Thanks for the reply, this is pretty close, ideally it is a completely flat griddle plate at the top of the wishlist, but this may be an option, thank you

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Buy a flat griddle plate and put it on the Barbecue that you would rather buy?

My Swiss Grill has only grill parts either side so I just put a flat griddle plate on it when I don't want things dropping through the gaps.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • peodude
    peodude Posts: 11 Forumite
  • cazwasere
    Great spot thanks. I'm gong to hold fire this week until I know whether my tesco vouchers will be sufficient to get anything on their Double Up promotion (and if we can do any form of combining on OH's account too if there's any in stock in branch locally) - I see they have some price reductions this week, but whether they will still reduced on when the double up kicks in is up for debate......

Still open to other options if anyone spots a great deal- have found a couple of griddle plates that could be an option.

• Cadac Carri Chef 2 is a great model and you can find it with different cooking tops variations.
    I think that one of those two should be what you are looking for:
    1. Cadac Carri Chef 2 BBQ/Skottel Combo - free cover: Ø 46cm BBQ top & Ø 49cm Skottel (also comes with free Non-Stick Liner & Food Warmers at Hamilton gas products)
    2. Cadac Carri Chef 2 Gas BBQ/Chef Pan Combo - free cover: Ø 46cm BBQ Top & Ø 45cm Chef Pan
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    dme wrote: »
    Cadac Carri Chef 2 is a great model and you can find it with different cooking tops variations.
    I think that one of those two should be what you are looking for:
    1. Cadac Carri Chef 2 BBQ/Skottel Combo - free cover: Ø 46cm BBQ top & Ø 49cm Skottel (also comes with free Non-Stick Liner & Food Warmers at Hamilton gas products)
    2. Cadac Carri Chef 2 Gas BBQ/Chef Pan Combo - free cover: Ø 46cm BBQ Top & Ø 45cm Chef Pan

Thanks although the original post is from April 2016 so I am guessing that they found one.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure