We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Hopefully tomorrow.....

Options
We shall know for sure whether to proceed with BR, as we have our first appointment with the CAB. Have to say that I even feel pretty tense about that too!:confused: I just cant wait til this is all over and being able to get a good, undisturbed sleep for once, and not have to worry about if its the right thing to do or not and worry how hard the OR will be on us, losing the car etc.......:confused: at least if it happens there will be nothing I can do about it! Yet still no matter how I try and balance things, we still have more money going out than coming in :eek: and we have had 4 'INTERNATIONAL' calls today, which I presume is the banks call center somewhere, not that I answered.........see babbling again, Im off to bed to see if I can sleep. Nite all !!! :)

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm sure your appointment will go well, and that you'll get some good advice.
    Whatever you decide, we're right behind you.
    Sleep well.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • scaredwitless32
    Options
    Thanks Rog2, i wouldnt know what I would do if I didnt have this forum for advice and especially the people who take the time to give calming words of support and guidance :) like yourself...
  • desperate_mum_3
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow , the CAB people I met with were very nice and helpful not judgemental at all , there really is a life after BR and some really good nights sleep ....if that should be the path you take it's not easy or plain sailing but I have NO regrets at all .
    Main bit of advice if you do ...read as many posts on here as possible before you do anything like cancelling direct debits , opening new bank a/c etc ...
    BR as of 26th April 2007 and feeling 10 years younger :T

If only ex could be sorted as easily :wall:
  • scaredwitless32
    Options
    well all I can say is 'OMG'!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bankruptcy forms filled in BUT really stressing as to what we were 'advised' by a 'professional'............really worried now, my OH knows NOTHING about going BR its me thats sat here for hours trawling through posts, asking questions, and reading the insolvency site..............and now he thinks he knows more than me after our CAB meeting. I really need some advice/opinions on this as *I* think the advice we were given was 'iffy' to say the least!!!!!!!!!
    I dont want to post on the main forum, so if ROG2, is out there, could I please , please, please pm you for your advice /opinion??????

(sorry if this is abit OTT, I have just got through my bottle of wine for the stress !!!!)

Thanks so much
  • scaredwitless32
    Options
    bump or Fermi?????
  • taib0
    taib0 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    hiya scaredwitless, listen if we can get through this kid anyone can, my missus was in absolute bits this morning. We shared a building with every scroat and scumbag you can imagine, we watched uniformed policemen and gowned barristers pass by as we sat waiting to be seen (our county court is in the same building as the crown court). Never once did it pass my mind we were criminals we are all just victims of circumstances, we have never intentionally hurt anyone in our lives, and you are the same don't ever forget it. You are only a matter of weeks behind us bite the bullet and go for it you will be fine

Taib0

PS Debt free for 11 hours.........YIPPEE
  • sleeplessnights_2
    Options
    I just want to say my thoughts are with you!!!

sleepless xx
  • scaredwitless32
    Options
    Thanks guys, your support means so very much, I just havent the words to express what this forum, and its members mean at this stressful time.
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I dont want to post on the main forum, so if ROG2, is out there, could I please , please, please pm you for your advice /opinion??????

OF COURSE YOU CAN, SW.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • taib0
    taib0 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely, this forum is something else and I was only telling a lady this morning who was in the same bankruptcy court as us. I said if people only knew the help and support that is out there the courts would have a mega backlog because we would all be doing it. She had never heard of "us" !! I said as soon as you get home go on MSE.com and get some proper advice from the bankruptcy forum before you go to see the OR. She was clueless on the I&E and what she could legally claim etc. Blimey, I don't know I feel like a veteran and I've only been BR 12 hours :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport