Morrisons online shop. item cost when ordered or when delivered?

Options
pfpf
pfpf Posts: 4,947 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
hi.
many many years since we did online grocery shopping but when we did it was from Tesco's and I remember the policy on pricing being "price on day of delivery". so order a special offer item and if the offer ended before delivery day you lost the offer price.

does anyone know the policy for Morrisons? we have begun online shopping again in the last month and something arrived today that is billed at the order price. order was made yesterday, but there is a big sticker on the item that has it at a lower price and online the product is also showing at the lower price as of today.

its fine if its price at time of order aslong as it works both ways, price honoured if price rises after order - I prefer it as price at order.

thank you.

Comments

• Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I know with Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda the price you pay is the price of the goods on the day of delivery, so I would think the same applies to Morrisons.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    On the other hand Morrisons uses Ocado infrastructure for deliveries and Ocado offers apply on a "date ordered" basis and not a "date delivered" basis.

Why not contact Morrisons then you'll know for sure?
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 April 2016 at 3:37PM
    Options
    I cannt see anywhere where it is stated clearly - but this page continually implies that price you pay is as at the time of order

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/scontent/termsandconditions#

But as per post #3 I would contact them and ask them
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It appears that Morrisons are using an Ocado style policy for special offers.

e.g. Cathedral City "Offer price £4 when you order by 22/05/2016".
    https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Cathedral-City-Mature-Cheddar-Twin-Pack/209783011?from=offers&parentContainer

I don't know whether the same policy applies to items that are not on special offer.
  • pfpf
    Options
    thanks all.

yea, FAQ and T&C's were not exactly clear but I also thought they erred towards "day of order".

i'll drop them a message and report back for future reference.

p.s i'll also update if/when it works the other way around too.
  • pfpf
    Options
    update:
    they refunded the difference. tbh, the response was a little muddled but the bottom line is that you "will never pay higher, but will get price reduced if cheaper on day of delivery than day of order". but this is exactly what DIDN'T happen hence my enquirey.
    I do like the idea that even specials will be delivered at the special price even if its gone up between ordering and delivering, but of course any item can go OOS inbetween.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure