Gift for a "better off" family member

Hi all.

What do you buy for someone who can afford to buy themselves pretty much what they want?

I need a gift idea for someone who doesn't really have any hobbies, it needs to be ordered online as we live apart and doesn't cost too much as cash flow for our household is a bit tight at the moment. So any ideas for a male in his late 20's.

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    amazon voucher of whatever amount you can afford.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Andypandyboy
    Andypandyboy Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    A gift experience? Some of them have quite big discounts on at the moment. If he doesn't like what you choose it can then be exchanged.
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You need to define "doesn't cost too much" - you could be talking about anything between £5 and £50.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Yes a voucher for what you can afford. Lots are in that situation these days - but don't rob yourself to try and impress.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,000
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If money's tight, how about putting together your own page of "things which happened in the year you were born", printing it out and framing it? Sometimes personalised gifts are much nicer than flashy shop-bought ones!

or you can get a reprint of the front page of a national newspaper from the day he was born for about £25
  • mr_knight
    mr_knight Posts: 943 Forumite
    Thank you for the replies. I didn't have the time for making a personalised gift myself but maybe next year. I went with a cinema voucher.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure