We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Mystery Dining - Tax

I've just started mystery dining and I'm really confused about if I have to declare this and register as self-employed? I have looked through the guide posted above but it didn't make it clear to me how it works.

All the dines I've done so far I have been reimbursed a certain amount. E.g A dine where I must order 2 mains and 2 drinks. The maximum reimbursement is £30 and I have spent £34. Do I declare the £30 even though its a reimbursement? Or do I only have to declare dines when I receive a fee to do them?

Many thanks.

Comments

  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Hi Bubble, I suggest you put this onto the mystery shopping thread. Those guys are expert at this sort of thing and will give you great advice.
         
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.