Making money from a successful free facebook page

Hi, I started a facebook page at the beginning of last year to help people in my local area get into employment. I list all the local vacancies and share links to job applications and advice. To date I have probably helped over 500 people to secure employment and I am really proud to have been able to help.
Only now the page has grown and now has 30k members! I really never expected it to get so big but now it is taking up so much of my time as I work full time too. I spend a few hours a day updating and replying to employers/job seekers and also help with c.v's.
When I started I never expected it t grow so quickly so now I am wondering if I should look at ways to make any sort of an income while still keeping it completely free for job hunters. I know s1 charge £1000 per advert so recruitment is certainly a lucrative business but I am a bit torn as it may go against the reasons I started the page in the first place. I have 1 person who helps me but we are just 2 little people that essentially now work for free every spare minute of the day.
I was just wondering if anyone has similar experiences and could maybe suggest something I haven't thought of yet. I will continue as is because its very rewarding but the bigger it gets the more demanding it is. I have been told that the job centre now recommends us!
Thanks in advance!
LBM: 09/12/2008
[strike]£36000[/strike] £0 on 4 cards and a personal loan. Debt Remedy. Signed with CCCS on 14/01/2009 started Feb 2009. Finished March 2016

Lessons learned and facing the struggle have made my life better than I ever thought it could be. Thank you Stepchange and DFW forum :beer:

Comments

• Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So ideally you'd like to keep it all free?

The best option would be to create a website and put adverts on it. Either charge companies to advertise or use an ad revenue programme (adsense, for example. Just make sure that you're allowed to place the ads on a job site). Do think carefully about ad placement though as you don't want to drive people away because you've added annoying adverts to the site.

You could also charge employers for featured job ads, but you'd have to decide if that would be annoying to job hunters and whether any company would see it as worthwhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure