HTB 20% loan

Options
When using the help to buy 20% loan do I need to apply for the equity loan myself?

I have a broker dealing with my mortgage but they asked if I have applied for the equity loan.... Not sure where to even start!

Comments

• katty10
    katty10 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our Mortgage broker did it for us before he did full application for our mortgage. As you need an approval to proceed.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We do it for our client/builder.

You need to obtain a Property Information Form from your area HTB Agent, complete it and attach a copy of your reservation, then submit them to the HTB Agent for approval and issue of the Authority To Proceed.

You'll need to know the developer's solicitor's details as well as your own. Firm name and address, telephone number, individual and email address.

We also attach a completed HTB Affordability Calculator to justify the term of the mortgage.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Cupcake85
    Cupcake85 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks, I'm meeting the developer Monday so will get the paperwork then
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure