Lowell ccbc

Options
Hi
Im new to this so please bare with me. I have today received a county court claim on behalf of Lowell Solicitor acting on behalf of Lowell Portfolio
This is for £5801.40
The orginal debt is Lloyds Banking for £4985.44
On 18/12/2015 i received a Letter of Claim from Lowell Solicitors. I wrote back on the 29/12/2015 asking for copies of all agreements, default notices etc. And any other debt. they have
I received an acknowledgement letter dated 18/01/2016 saying they would request the info from their client and forward them to me.
I hadnt heard anything else until today which is the county court business centre.
I am unsure what i should do, as i have not received the info i requested and they have to provide by law.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• aaroncaz
    aaroncaz Posts: 5,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Join this forum they are experts at dealing with Lowell.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    Bhambabe43 wrote: »
    Hi
    Im new to this so please bare with me. I have today received a county court claim on behalf of Lowell Solicitor acting on behalf of Lowell Portfolio
    This is for £5801.40
    The orginal debt is Lloyds Banking for £4985.44
    On 18/12/2015 i received a Letter of Claim from Lowell Solicitors. I wrote back on the 29/12/2015 asking for copies of all agreements, default notices etc. And any other debt. they have
    I received an acknowledgement letter dated 18/01/2016 saying they would request the info from their client and forward them to me.
    I hadnt heard anything else until today which is the county court business centre.
    I am unsure what i should do, as i have not received the info i requested and they have to provide by law.

Many thanks in advance

are you 100% sure its from the county court?
  • Bhambabe43
    Options
    Hi. Yes 100% it is.
    I have just joined legalbeavers
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

So, what is it that the court have sent you today? Is it notice of a Default Judgement? If it is then, unfortunately, that is because the relevant forms from the response pack have not been completed within the deadline. I understand that you requested information from the creditor and they have not responded, but unfortunately, you must complete the relevant forms as well. If you are disputing the debt that would have meant completing the defence form.

If this is the case and you would still like to challenge the judgement, then you can do this but now you will need to complete a Set Aside application. This is done on an N244 form and can cost £255 to submit. You would also need some legal advice about what your potential grounds are to defend. Please be aware that the CCJ will be on your credit file for 6 years from the date of judgement unless it is successfully set aside or paid in full within 1 calendar month of the judgement date. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Bhambabe43
    Options
    Hi.
    No its got the responce pack with the claim form. So its not because i didnt fill in the forms. Only received today
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok, well if you have only just received the claim forms and the response pack you should still have time to deal with this. (Unfortunately I am not sure what the paperwork was that you received in December - perhaps they were threatening court action).

Nevertheless, there is a deadline to respond to the forms - you will have 14days from the issue date to file your first response (plus a few days for postage). If you are unsure whether you want to dispute the debt or admit it then you could start with the Acknowledgement of Service form (this will give you an extra 14days to file your final response).

If you believe the debt is incorrect or unenforceable you may be able to file the defence form. You will need some legal advice about how to do this and what your grounds for defence may be. If you successfully defend 100% of the CCJ then it won't be recorded on your credit file and the matter should be closed. But, if any of the debt is owed then you will have a CCJ on your credit file for 6 years from the date of judgement (unless you pay the CCJ in full within 1 calendar month of the CCJ being obtained). We do have a factsheet about this that may help. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure