New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Receipt Hog

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Boost Your Income
34 replies 26.4K views
FunLovinCriminalFunLovinCriminal Forumite
445 posts
Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Boost Your Income
Hi all
Does anyone use receipt hog? Ive started to use it; and a little sceptical.
Is it as good as they say? Or too good to be true?
FLC
Mortgage: 01/02/14 - £108k
Mortgage: Current - £97k
Mission: MF by 50

Replies

• Never heard of it - will be looking it up.
    Broke.
    Current goal: Back in four figures by May.
  • SymanSyman Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    thread here
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Referrals are only allowed in the existing thread in the referrals section
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • joeyjimblesjoeyjimbles Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using it at the moment. I would say its quite a slow earner but it seems to recognise the receipts pretty well and as I'm doing a similar thing with Shopitise it only takes a few moments to do this as well.

op £57.72
  • emperorsteveeemperorstevee Forumite
    112 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    How could they possibly know if the submitted receipt is wombled?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • mikep22mikep22 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Signed by Uncle Bargaria.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969
    :beer:
  • asajjasajj Forumite
    5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you collect recipes that have times very close to each other, i.e. 13.01 then another one at 13.10 then another one at 13.20, within the same day, they are likely to think that perhaps.
    £2020 in 2020 / £1678.62

ally.
  • HermiaHermia Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    How could they possibly know if the submitted receipt is wombled?

I think these apps are cracking down on this. For example, Shoppix won't let you submit two receipts from one store with the same date on. It is a pain for me as I often pop into the supermarket before and after work so I lose out. I expect as more people do this these apps will impose more restrictions on what receipts you can use.
  • emperorsteveeemperorstevee Forumite
    112 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Hermia wrote: »
    I think these apps are cracking down on this. For example, Shoppix won't let you submit two receipts from one store with the same date on. It is a pain for me as I often pop into the supermarket before and after work so I lose out. I expect as more people do this these apps will impose more restrictions on what receipts you can use.

I see. But say I submitted one receipt from say Tesco at 1pm which was mine and then a wombled Poundland receipt from 3pm, might there be some sort of way for them to determine that the Poundland receipt is not mine, maybe looking at one of the many codes present on the receipt, particularly if that person paid with a card?
  • HermiaHermia Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see. But say I submitted one receipt from say Tesco at 1pm which was mine and then a wombled Poundland receipt from 3pm, might there be some sort of way for them to determine that the Poundland receipt is not mine, maybe looking at one of the many codes present on the receipt, particularly if that person paid with a card?

I don't see how they could. I mean, I will sometimes pay with my credit card in one shop and with my debit card in another shop. Also some of those apps allow you to submit receipts for anyone living in your house so that would account for different cards. I doubt these apps have access to the list of codes each company uses. I think what makes these companies suspicious is if people submit multiple receipts from the same shop or submit a ridiculous amounts of receipts every day.