Air Optix query

Options
Morning.

I'm preparing to do a long haul flight to Australia and found a packet of these 'night and day' lenses left over from from previous trips.

They are stamped 2014/06 so I'm guessing that's the expiry date! Is that correct or can they be safely used for the 20 hour flight? I've got Clariti for everyday use.

Thanks.

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,047 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    No one can advise?
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah that's the expiry date
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldnt use them because of the expire date.

Treat yourself to some new ones?
    Eyesight is way too precious to risk.

I wouldnt use extended wear lenses but thats just me.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Gers
    Options
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    Yeah that's the expiry date
    I wouldnt use them because of the expire date.

Treat yourself to some new ones?
    Eyesight is way too precious to risk.

I wouldnt use extended wear lenses but thats just me.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't usually use extended wear lenses, as you can tell from the date on the ones I have, but find them useful for overnight wear when doing long-haul flights when the times all become mixed up.

I'll bin them.
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm off to Australia on Monday, on a 9.30pm flight. I always take my lenses out for the flight when it's that time of day. I only put them in again when I reach Oz in the morning. It's not worth it to me to be messing about with them during the journey. Mind you, I never sleep in lenses.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Options
    Definitely bin them, lenses this old might split in your eye and that's not what you want on a long haul flight.

If you need to wear lenses flying I'd either ask your optician to fit biofinity or clariti dailies. Biofinity you can use extended wear (sleep in) up to a week, clariti dailies you can take extra on the plane and bin and replace lenses as you see fit.

I usually fly in my glasses and stick lenses in for the last hour so that they are settled in time for disembarking.
  • Gers
    Options
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    Definitely bin them, lenses this old might split in your eye and that's not what you want on a long haul flight.

If you need to wear lenses flying I'd either ask your optician to fit biofinity or clariti dailies. Biofinity you can use extended wear (sleep in) up to a week, clariti dailies you can take extra on the plane and bin and replace lenses as you see fit.

I usually fly in my glasses and stick lenses in for the last hour so that they are settled in time for disembarking.

Thanks.

I already use clariti so will stick to them.

:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport