Gaming deals for PS4, Xbox One & PC on CDKeys (Xbox One Games from £2.99)

edited 1 July 2016 at 1:20PM in Gaming MoneySaving
7 replies 2.5K views
Tony_DangerTony_Danger Forumite
24 Posts
edited 1 July 2016 at 1:20PM in Gaming MoneySaving
All expired.

Replies

• Bigphil1474Bigphil1474 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got my last 2 PS+ subscriptions using vouchers at Sainsburys - something like spend £40 save £8. Basically paid £30 and a couple of bags of sugar.
  • SystemSystem Forumite, Community Admin
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Community Admin
    I use frugal gaming they are very reasonable especially for 12 month xbox live.
  • Some prices have chanced but they're still fantastic. Updated.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim Forumite
    844 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Some prices have chanced but they're still fantastic. Updated.

Well, they're not that fantastic. PSN for a year is regularly £33, Black Flag has been a quid or two on Xbone for years, it's easy to grab a year's Gold XBL for £2X...

By the way, you say you spotted these on HUKD, but the affiliate code in your links doesn't match theirs. Is it your own affiliate account?
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to [email protected].
  • This is handy, thank you for taking the time to share. Been looking for some bargains.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim Forumite
    844 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    This is handy, thank you for taking the time to share. Been looking for some bargains.

I think all these can be had cheaper elsewhere. I think Tony_Danger is trying to get people to overpay for products so that they collect on the affiliate monies, which (if true) isn't very nice.

For example, it took me a few seconds of Googling to find 12 months of Xbox Live Gold for under £30 and 12 months of PS+ for £33 - in both cases, Tony_Danger wants you to pay an extra 10%. Bizarrely, £30 and £33 respectively are quite expensive considering the bargains we've had so far this year - it's odd to see someone take today's slightly higher prices, whack an extra 10% on, and describe that as "fantastic". :eek:

The games... well, Shadow of Mordor GOTY was £4 from Nuuvem a few weeks ago. Nuuvem is an official, authorised reseller, while CDKeys are not - if you're happy to use CDKeys, then G2A (also not authorised - more akin to eBay) have Mordor for under £5.

That does look like the cheapest pre-order for Doom today - but for most PC games, we tend to see a £20 pre-order before release - even big games like GTAV and Fallout 4. Besides, a pre-order is an unknown quantity - £25 for what may be a terrible game? Why risk it?

If you're genuinely interested in some actual gaming bargains, I do tend to keep up with this stuff - I could put together a weekly bargain summary post for you here each week? It really would only take me a few seconds, and I'll be clear about which sites are authorised (like Amazon, etc) and which sites may be a bit dodgy (like CDKeys, etc).
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to [email protected].
  • Ah well this may be more a sign of my naivety more than anything else. I rarely treat myself to a game purely because of the cost. I'd probably be more inclined to do so when games are much cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals