I haven't seen Microworkers mentioned in a while

Options
I have been using a lot of survey and GPT sites for a while, but, despite spending 3-4 hours a day, I can only manage to make about £80 a month and I need to step up my game.

I am thinking of joining Microworkers, as I've read reports of users making $200 a week but it looks very dodgy to me, not in terms of payout, but in terms of dodgyness of tasks.

The last thread on mse was over 2 years ago.

Is anybody here still using it? How much can you realistically make? And how dodgy is it?

Thanks

Comments

• ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I still use it intermittently. Don't make a huge amount because I steer clear of any dodgy looking tasks! I mostly do the Click/Search that I know will work (quite a few don't). Sometimes do the Youtube tasks if they are worth the time. There is the occasional survey. On the whole the pay is reasonably good for the amount of time taken, but there aren't all that many worthwhile tasks (in my opinion). So it only drip feeds a little extra cash and won't make you rich. I probably get no more than a few pounds a week from it, for minimal effort. You could certainly do more and get more, but there is a limit I suspect. As an extra string to your bow, worth a punt.
  • surveyqueenuk
    Options
    It used to be quite profitable around a year or so ago but things seem to have slipped somewhat. Nevertheless, the tasks are quick and easy (although I did see a Ken Fisher task there the other day!) and they do pay so I would say it is worth joining. I only make around $20 per month at MW these days but that only takes around an hour in total to earn.

Have you ever looked at UHRS? That might be worth a shot, I make a fair few quid there myself.
  • Girl_Overboard
    Options
    I make about £30-40 a month. But I usually just stick to the 'click and search' jobs, which are easy but low paid. Other types of jobs can earn you more (although I doubt many people make $200 a week).

I maybe spend 20 minutes on the site each day. It's not a lot of money, but it's an easy way of making a few pounds when I'm watching TV in the evening. And it's usually more interesting than doing surveys.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 March 2016 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Microworkers is a good site, but to make $200/week with it, you have to earn about $28 per day. To earn that amount, you'd need to do the higher payout tasks that require a website/blog which has a good PR such as PR+2 and also be able to do tasks such as iOS app testing. If you can do those higher payout tasks, then it might be possible to make $200/week with MW.

But even if you do those tasks which have a payout of about $2.50 there might not be a fresh batch of those tasks available the next day, so making $28 a day might not be sustainable.

Also, if you get paid via PayPal, they charge a 7.5% fee for withdrawal, so $200 would only be $185.

About how dodgy it is.

The dodgy tasks are mainly the ones which ask you to click ads or fill out an email submit. The majority of CPA networks do not want people to offer cash incentives for people filling out email submit offers. Even CPA offers which are said to be 'incentive' usually don't allow cash incentives.
  • thisuseridistakenagain
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning this, I've never heard of this sort of thing before. I like doing purposeful rubbish like this while I watch the telly.

It says they have to post me a PIN for withdrawals (from America?). Has anyone done this sucessfully?
    It only takes a second to say 'Thanks, you just saved me a few quid!'

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge June
    Toiletries used up- 4 Makeup used up- 2
  • surveyqueenuk
    Options

It says they have to post me a PIN for withdrawals (from America?). Has anyone done this sucessfully?

I did. Funnily enough, the PIN arrived with a Slovakian stamp and postmark so I have no idea what is going on there. IIRC, it took 15 days to arrive.
  • ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, they sent me a PIN in the post - it was a while ago so I don't remember how long it took, but I don't think it was more than a week or two.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks all. I eventually joined MW and made $40 in two weeks, but since then things have dried up.

I gave up on sign up tasks because most are misleading and won't pay up.

I did all the click and search tasks and I built an include list, but now most of remaining tasks are poorly written and dodgy.

I must have made only $2 last week. However I got paid on time and it doesn't really waste much of my time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure