Easter Celebrations

Options
Hi, is anybody planning on decorating their house or having a party over the Easter weekend?

My daughter (7) wants to have a little party and invite some friend round, any frugal ideas for decorations, easter egg hunt, and crafts?

x

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Pound land have lots of Easter things on sale. Saw banners. KIts for easter egg hunt, decorating your egg etc
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • dragonlily
    dragonlily Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    Fab, I'll go and have a look at their website now :)
    x
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Be aware you're making a rod for your own back ..... if you do it once, it'll become "expected". So remember that when you make any plans...keep it replicable, even when you hate/dread doing what you did last year, every year.

I've never heard of anybody decorating or having a party. I think you're being suckered :)
  • dragonlily
    dragonlily Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    LOL, I know what you mean :)

I love decorating the house, usually it is Halloween and Christmas but well it is a long time between Dec and Oct!

I have accumulated a very scary amount of Halloween and Christmas related stuff and carefully pack it away each year so now it doesn't cost much at all. However, at Easter normally we just do a family tea. My daughter just wants approx 4-5 friends round so nothing too OTT.

x
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    There are lots of diy Easter games and activities on pinterest,any excuse for a party in my book.
     :
  • clickerty-click
    Options
    Pin the tail on the bunny?
  • Salome_2
    Salome_2 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I usually dec up for easter ~ just bits I've collected over the years. My favourite thing is to make an Easter Tree. Find yourself a branch, with quite a few twigs on it, then hang bits & pieces from it; Poundland, B & M & suchlike have all sorts of things to use. I usually paint my branch white, then pop it in a deep vase, or a plant pot filled with sand and/or oasis to keep the branch steady. You can make your own decs too; decorate blown eggs, ad a bit of ribbon to hang them from, or find a bit of felt or odd material bits and make a simple rabbit.
    Here's a pinterest page with some ideas ~
    https://uk.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=easter%20tree&rs=typed&0=easter%7Ctyped&1=tree%7Ctyped
    Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
    Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us
  • Salome_2
    Options
    For the party, you could have a craft table, where they could make some easter bunting. Just cut out enough triangles so that they can each take a few to decorate themselves. Use glitter, scraps of wrapping paper, magazines, or download printable papers from the net, grab some glue, plus make sure they have aprons, then get them to design and make their own. Just add some ribbon or string at the end to tie them all together, and you've kept them busy AND productive for a while.
    Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us
  • Salome_2
    Options
    This is cute, and can be jazzed up or as little as the ability of each child allows ~
    http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2014/02/colorable-spring-banner-free-printable.html
    Just print out.
  • Salome_2
    Options
    Here's another you could make yourself to decorate with ~
    http://eng.ohmyfiesta.com/2014/04/free-printable-easter-garland.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure