We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Food grinder?
jackyann
Posts: 3,433 Forumite
When my Kenwood finally bit the dust a few years ago, I got a Kitchen Aid mixer (yes, I'm lucky and yes, it's wonderful)
As our lives had changed rather, I didn't think I'd make so much use of the food grinder attachment and didn't get one.
I now find myself thinking that I would use it. Sitting down and thinking about it - maybe once a month or so. Not sure if it's worth the £70-80 it would cost.
However, it should last well - so I thought I'd canvas Old Stylers' opinion - especially anyone who finds they use theirs more than they thought they would.
As our lives had changed rather, I didn't think I'd make so much use of the food grinder attachment and didn't get one.
I now find myself thinking that I would use it. Sitting down and thinking about it - maybe once a month or so. Not sure if it's worth the £70-80 it would cost.
However, it should last well - so I thought I'd canvas Old Stylers' opinion - especially anyone who finds they use theirs more than they thought they would.
0
Comments
-
I dont have a kitchen aid but thought if you are very health concious and want to grind up your own burgers/meatballs from quality meats and do so on a regular basis then it may be worth it.
Me I opted for a cheapy hand cranked sainsbugs grinder at I think £9.99 and although I dont cater for a family it does my needs and gets used once every 3-4 months.
I did notice the kitchen aid attachment is reduced on @m0zon at the moment2026 Grocery Spends
Sept = £97.41
Aug £66.17, July £110.59, June £92.28, May £71.67, Apr £119.44, Mar £ 104.90, Feb £90.58, Jan £74.050
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards