Loan application tesco

Options
Hello, not sure if anyone can help me but I recently applied for a loan with tesco £7,500 over 24 months I completed the application online and received an accepted in principle answer. Since then I have received the loan documents to date and sign ( same Apr as agreed) and also been asked to provide one proof of current address and one proof of identity, to which I have enclosed a check verified copy of my passport by the post office and a water rates bill dated within the last three months.I'm assuming I need to provide the above as I'm not showing as on the electoral register for my current address. Anyway my questions having sent all this back is what happens next? Have I already been credit checked? If my documents are all fine and correct is the rest a formality to get the loan fully agreed?

Comments

• SeanG79
    SeanG79 Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Usually request proof of address if they cannot find you on the electoral roll but can find trace of other credit at the address provided.

Once they receive the signed documents back, they will process for pay out, assuming the proofs provided are satisfactory.
  • Rohan1770
    Options
    Thanks Sean, until now I didn't realise I wasn't on the electoral roll for my current address. I'm assuming I have already received a credit check as this is one way that might have highlighted the address issue with my application.
  • Engineer87
    Options
    I had a Tesco loan a few years back, did exactly as you did and the money literally just showed up in the account. I remember being quite surprised infact!

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport