IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

More problems with ParkingEye's Ticket Machines

Options
http://www.lichfieldmercury.co.uk/City-woman-sent-fine-demand-despite-paying-park/story-28789269-detail/story.html

Seems to be a common problem. You would think they would make an effort to get them fixed or buy better quality. Oh but then.........

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,528 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    DollyDee wrote: »
    http://www.lichfieldmercury.co.uk/City-woman-sent-fine-demand-despite-paying-park/story-28789269-detail/story.html

Seems to be a common problem. You would think they would make an effort to get them fixed or buy better quality. Oh but then.........
    And even more depressing is the first comment made by a similarly affected motorist.
    This also happened to me in December. I appealed and had a witness, but they still made me pay.....again !
    The Great British public remain shockingly naive in private parking matters.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DollyDee wrote: »

Yet another Parking Eye scandal. They will soon be in every paper in the UK for being scammers.

The lady is right to contact Action Fraud because until proved otherwise .... this is a scam and no doubt fraud
  • DollyDee_2
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    And even more depressing is the first comment made by a similarly affected motorist.

The Great British public remain shockingly naive in private parking matters.

I know, I read that too. It's so depressing the number of people who pay up. Hospital car park too, I mean it's not as if you even want to be there in the first place as a patient or a visitor.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,095 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Burton Nhs trust strikes again, same NHS trust as Burton upon Trent Queens Hospital.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure