is it too late to get help with endownment shortfall

My endowment mortgage matures in December this year and I was previously in a positional where I was unable to change to a repayment or claim back the shortfall due to the Council having a legal charge on my home with my dad who had Alzheimer's and was joint owner been on the mortgage but not on the endowment. I was advised that any changes could result in the council wanting their share of the house so have been terrified to do anything. My mortgage is paid for in December and I am a one parent disabled worker but finding the approx £2800 shortfall is going to be a nightmare and yet another loan is there anything I could try to get help ? thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals