Amazon Loophole?

Hi,

I seen a site ad on facebook that offers the Amazon affiliate payment back to the customer at the end of the month (cashbacktribe.com)

I had a look and the cashback rates on the good stuff (like TVs) is quite low - about 2%, but you can get something like 5% cashback on Amazon vouchers.

So....if I want to buy a TV for £500. I buy an Amazon voucher for £500 (and get 5% cashback - £25) and then I buy the TV with the voucher and get 2% back (£10) - I should end up getting a fairly solid £35 off the TV?

Am I missing something? Has anyone else done anything like this?

Thanks
Beth

Comments

• JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    That website was only registered this month and their identity is being hidden.

I would steer clear of it.

WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
    Registrant Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
    Registrant Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
    Registrant City: PANAMA
    Registrant State/Province: PANAMA
  • Panama! haha. Ok, thanks.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    JAG wrote: »
    That website was only registered this month and their identity is being hidden.

I would steer clear of it.

WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
    Registrant Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
    Registrant Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
    Registrant City: PANAMA
    Registrant State/Province: PANAMA

Steer clear? I would run like bloody hell away.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Panama hats are ok (even if they don't originate from there).
  • Sleazy wrote: »
    Panama hats are ok (even if they don't originate from there).

hee hee, thats about all i would trust this place to provide:T
  • nads
    nads Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My suggestion would be to buy discounted gift cards for Amazon and someone like One4all gift cards (owned by Post Officef).

You can get the gift cards 2% to 6% discounts on zeek.met and just add them to Amazon whenever. Small savings but more reliable
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Zeek? I wonder how safe that is? I appreciate that it's just a trading platform, but it doesn't exactly look risk-free.

And those One4all vouchers - the company behind them isn't owned by the Post Office. It's owned by An Post, a rather different animal:

An Post is a major commercial organisation providing a wide range of services which encompass postal, communication, retail and financial services.

It is one of Ireland's largest companies directly employing over 10,000 people through its national network of retail, processing and delivery points.

Altogether too risky for a very small discount. I see that Zeek also has Amazon Gift Cards on sale, along with many others, but if there are problems with a seller I wonder how good Zeek really are at protecting the buyer.
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    I've used Zeek to both buy and sell (including buying several Amazon vouchers), and haven't ever had a problem. You don't deal directly with the seller / buyer.
  • KenSim
    KenSim Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Looking for Amazon gift cards on Zeek but couldn't find any. Then on another forum someone said use a VPN and make it look like you are in another country. I did this and made it look like l am in the Netherlands, it worked . But the vouchers are for sale at face value so why not just buy them direct from Amazon?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure