P2P lending - where's best?

Options
Anyone invested with Assetz Capital? Thincats or Lendinvest?

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,370 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've invested through Assetz, but not the other two. It gets the thumbs up from me, not least because there is no need for incessant page refreshing to quickly bid on a loan before it fills. Just set up a few orders and let the system automatically try to fill them when units pop up on the market.
  • TheTracker
    TheTracker Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm with TC for loans and bought some AC equity.

I must say it's rather comforting to be sitting on a steady 12%pa for the last three years with all the stock market doom and gloom that abounds.
  • p2pinvestor
    Options
    Have you invested in any of the loans that have since gone in to default with Assetz?

I'm reading bad reviews on Assetz due to the amount of defaulted loans.
  • masonic
    Options
    Have you invested in any of the loans that have since gone in to default with Assetz?

I'm reading bad reviews on Assetz due to the amount of defaulted loans.
    None of the loans I've invested in have defaulted. I have been quite picky, though. I only bite on about 25% of the loans there. I fully expect to experience defaults at some stage - it's the nature of the investment.
  • Dan83
    Dan83 Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I use funding circle (£300) and wellasly & co (£3000).

In funding circle you choose who you want to loan to, across my loans at the min I'm averaging 7.3%.

Wellasly does all the leg work for you and give 4% interest on 18month terms. They some times have an offer on where they give you a free iPad if you invest so much over a certain period.

Like some one above has said, I haven't yet lost money, but I know I will at some point.
  • p2pinvestor
    Options
    I understand the risks involved and that you should expect to lose some however I have read c. 20% of money invested in Assetz loans is in default and worried about the length of time a recovery process can take should a loan go in to default

I hear their aftermarket is good.
  • masonic
    Options
    I understand the risks involved and that you should expect to lose some however I have read c. 20% of money invested in Assetz loans is in default and worried about the length of time a recovery process can take should a loan go in to default
    Right now I see 15 out of 116 loans have been suspended from trading on the secondary market. Those may not all be in default, but that's much higher than other platforms I use (in fact there are currently no defaults on any of the others I use). It might be worth you creating an account so that you can take a look at some of these loans - updates are posted that are visible even if you haven't invested in the loan, so you'll be able to see what happens in practice.
  • p2pinvestor
    Options
    Would be interested to know the reasons for default loans and why Assetz seem to have SO many compared to other p2p lending platforms? Can't install much confidence in lenders.

Have you sold on their aftermarket? Is that just as easy as investing?
  • masonic
    Options
    Have you sold on their aftermarket? Is that just as easy as investing?
    Yes, I've rotated out of older loans into newer ones on several occasions. I generally haven't had to wait long for an offer to get snapped up, but demand has severely outstripped supply for a while and that may change in the future.
  • Kendall80
    Options
    I currently use Funding Circle (9.6% average) and Saving Stream (12%). No defaults but I have only been in P2P for a few months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure