advice needed

Options

Comments

• hard_working_dave
    Options
    Yes it would

But I don't want the pain of getting someone out,waiting in if it breaks down.I could not afford a washing maschine when I moved down,so I rented

Last year I got a new Whirpool maschine for the same price per month.Maintenance inc,if it needs it
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Just one small thing springs to mind, you can buy a washing machine for £150.
    That would save you £19 a month for starters.

Didn't realise they were that cheap.

You're right.

Argos even do one that's A++ rated with a 1200 spin for £150

Dave, you almost have a balanced budget - it won't take much in the way of changes to balance it.

Do you watch live tv much? Many of my younger clients don't, so they are (legally) not buying a licence and just using catch-up services.

What's the 'other insurance'? Do you really not have travel costs?
  • hard_working_dave
    hard_working_dave Posts: 38 Forumite
    edited 13 February 2016 at 10:11AM
    Options
    Hi there

Yeah work is only 15 mins away,so pretty lucky there.My other insurance is for my mobile phone which I have,got in touch to stop,plus my health insurance as well

Also got a good deal on my Plusnet,which has reduce the bill nicely.

Yes I watch Live TV most of the time,so got to have a TV Licence,going to re check the TV licence per month

The idea of a bought washing machine is a good idea,however,last year I bought a Tablet to replace my laptop,and bought insurance for it.
    It went wrong recently and took 2 attempts ,back and forth to Argos repair centre to get it fixed.
    Thats what put me off,so far
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd agree with buying a washing machine, with just you using it should last years. My current machine is 5 years old and the one before lasted 7 years. Never had them fixed or serviced. I save so I have a funds to call on when household things break or come to the end of their life.

Your mobile phone bill looks high to me. Are you in contract or could you swap to a sim only deal?
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Thought of something else.

Council tax - are you paying it over 10 months, or 12?
  • hard_working_dave
    Options
    Over 10 months I'm in a mobile home bud
  • hard_working_dave
    Options
    Hi bud mobile phone is £15 pm for the tarrif

and £20 for the buying of it ( long story I was a Virgin broadband customer and got a deal on this)
    Changed to Plusnet and got a cheaper internet phone deal,mobile contract run till Jan next year
  • hard_working_dave
    Options
    Oh just a quick update and got a good deal from Plusnet, used to pay £9.99 for broadband,its now £4.99 per month over 24 months.Unlimited contract
    Inclusive phone package now £3.00 for 3 month £6.00

Pays to haggle!
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Over 10 months I'm in a mobile home bud

But you are still liable for council tax, and pay the council direct?

You have the right to ask for payment over 12 months. There will be details on your council's website and (in very small print) on next month's renewal notice.
  • hard_working_dave
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    But you are still liable for council tax, and pay the council direct?

You have the right to ask for payment over 12 months. There will be details on your council's website and (in very small print) on next month's renewal notice.

Yep thats a good point,will have a look at that possibility.Currently,looking at setting a meeting with the council see if I can get a reduce in this pitch fee,cost,too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure