PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freeze roll out icing???

Options
Hi,
I have just made my first birthday cake. I bought far too much roll out icing and would like to keep it for OH birthday in January. The box says not to refridgerate. Does anyone know if it can be frozen?

Comments

• Gingernutmeg
    Gingernutmeg Posts: 3,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You *can* freeze it but it doesn't really freeze well, it goes very, very sticky and runny when you defrost it. Also, it'll pick up smells/tastes from the freezer very easily, and onion flavoured birthday cake icing won't be nice! If it's still in the box and you haven't opened the packet, it normally has quite a long shelf life, it's possible that it'll still be ok in January without freezing, but if you've opened it, it'd be much better to try to use it up and buy fresh in January.
  • angie_baby
    angie_baby Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Adsa do really cheap smart price stiff - about 30p last time i used it.
  • jess444_2
    jess444_2 Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for replies. I will just have to make another cake:rolleyes: Thanks for the info about Asda's icing - sounds like a bargain. Has anyone tried it, is it OK.
  • angie_baby
    angie_baby Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah, bought it, but never tried it. Was berfore MSE when i just had to but stuff, that i knew i was never going to use really. Angie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure