Charter Flight Price changes

Options
Hi

I have seen on Martin's TV programme about flight price changes. You would think booking months in advance would be best, only it seems not. A family member decided to get married in Santorini in June 2016. We have all booked our own individual hotels depending on what we wanted. And most of us booked our flights between Oct 15 and Dec 15 for a flight late June 2016. I appreciate we are kind of held to ransom over this as we don't have a choice over the date we fly, and as there is only one flight a week from our local airport we had no choice over the flight. Therefore most of us have booked over 6 months in advance at a cost £327 inc baggage, to now find out that the flight price with just over 4 months to go has dropped by £100. Unbelievable. This is not a small decrease. We are being penalised for booking early this shouldn't be the case. I could understand it dropping close to the time to fill remaining seats but not with over 4 months to go. Is there anything we can do about this.

Comments

• Sharon_Graham
    Options
    I'm afraid I booked flights with Jet 2 last year for me and my husband. They have now gone down by £170 for May then again down by £107 in September. I tried to get money back as I was surprised they had gone down and we didn't get a refund or compensation. I have seen that Easy jet does give refunds so fuming and will now try in future to book with Easy jet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure