Getting a mortgage and then becoming mortgage-free!

Options
1208209210211212214»

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,899 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad to hear you're both recovering OK :smile:

Great news about the Olio slot and the swapping at the community fridge - that sounds excellent!

Good luck from me too for the promotion :smile:
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi MFW-ers!
    Its been a busy old week; I feel recovered from the covid (although the fiance is still experiencing after effects sadly) and have got back to the gym and to my hot yoga class. Ive been eating well and feeling much brighter all round.

The promotion job is now on the internal job board, and i worked on my applications last night and this evening. I have just clicked to submit it just now…..Eeeeek!

Our dining table and benches have now been delivered and fit perfectly, so we are feeling very happy with this, just having the keep the kitty from sharpening his claws on the fabric now  :#

Overpayments this month are now at £24.22 thanks to prolific and cashback; the larger overpayment will be sent on payday which should make us just shy of £200 overpaid this month.

Ive managed to pick up two more one-off Olio collections; one of which is tonight at a different branch so will see how that goes. I enjoy doing them and sharing out the food to other people as I feel like im doing a bit more to help reduce the food waste (there is always more that can be done I appreciate, but it gives me a warm glow to see the food distributed to good homes) :)

We did a big food shop on Monday evening as we were running low on lots of items. Fiancé made a standard list of things we wanted to get, and I made a cashback list of the offers across Shopmium, CheckOutSmart and GreenJinn which were good for us. We managed to pick up lots of free items as well as lots of things we enjoy anyways for 75% or more off which is always a bonus! 

Other than that its a bit quiet here at the moment; lots planned in over the coming weeks including my first trip away for the work development programme which im super nervous about!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • themadvix
    Options
    It sounds like everything has been going well for you! And, similar to us, like you've been caught up in living and making the most of life (and work opportunities - was the polo good?) after the quiet of the pandemic. :smiley:

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Love a good game of Polo.  Haven't been to watch for ages though (since an old pal gave up managing a polo club for an upmarket complex of flats and so no more free tickets!)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • themadvix
    edited 15 February 2023 at 11:07AM
    Options
    Hey Kittenkirst, hope all is ok with you, it’s been a while.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback