Flaxseed helps hot flushes.

Flaxseed Dims Hot Flashes in Postmenopausal Women

Flaxseed wow previous thread on the wonders of ground Flaxseed.
My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs

Comments

• angel
    angel Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    I'm surprised at that, I've been taking flaxseed for over a year now and I've just started getting hot flushes in the last couple of months.
    :smileyhea "here, hare, here" :smileyhea
  • angel wrote: »
    I'm surprised at that, I've been taking flaxseed for over a year now and I've just started getting hot flushes in the last couple of months.
    But are you taking an EFFECTIVE amount?

The research used 40g daily.

I've just checked on my digital scales and 40g is 2 heaped to the maximum tablespoons or 4 level tablespoons.

PS readers should also note that it is ground flax/linseed that is being talked about here and NOT flaxseed oil. Flaxseed oil is very good for you but not as good as using the whole seed as the lignans are in the hull and may not be present in the oil.
    Considered a phytoestrogen, fiber-rich flaxseed is a rich source of lignans and omega-3 fatty acids. Lignans have antioxidant properties and are thought to have estrogen agonist and antagonist properties, such as those in selective estrogen receptor modulators, such as tamoxifen, they said. ......Flaxseed, provided in a fine granulated powder, contained 26% dietary fiber, 40% triglycerides, and 1% secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (a lignan antioxidant). The high-fiber product made from flaxseed hulls provided a large percentage of lignans.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family