Want to save money on my electricity bill

Options
My wife and I just moved into rented accommodation; the flat uses a power NI prepaid card, but we'd like to look at multiple options to try and find the cheapest possible electricity deal.

We're not heavy users, as we work all day, but the house only uses electricity and not gas : electric oven, shower and so on, so it quickly adds up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on whether we should switch or even get a meter installed; although we're only renting for six months so it may not be worth it?

Any advice or help would be brilliant!

Comments

• Eclipser
    Eclipser Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Go to:

http://www.consumercouncil.org.uk/energy/electricity-gas-price-comparison/

Click on the Electricity Price Comparison Table it will give you a breakdown of each suppliers prices.
  • TheNewGuy_2
    Options
    Thank you it appears that Open electricity by far and away is the best.
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seems to be I am also going to switch if I ever can get my friends refer code as they get £10 for each new Customer
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • TheNewGuy_2
    Options
    Do you want to pm me the code too? Might help out your friend and me :)

I sent them an email to verify because I am unable to call in work that they'll accept someone only at the property for six months?
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right now, Open is the best, but Airtricity and them have announced price drops - I'm waiting for the rest to announce before switching...
  • TheNewGuy_2
    Options
    Damn really disappointed but my tariff would be the same with Open because my house uses economy 7 :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure