We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Premium Bonds.
aqua111
Posts: 525 Forumite
in Cutting tax
Do Premium Bonds have to be declared or do the Inland Revenue have these details.
0
Comments
-
-
They are a tax free vehicle :silenced:0
-
As I saw that the limit for Premium Bond purchase is £50,000 I wondered how the Inland Revenue could prevent money laundering.0
-
As I saw that the limit for Premium Bond purchase is £50,000 I wondered how the Inland Revenue could prevent money laundering.
many accounts have maximum limits : they don't use HMRC to monitor themEU tariff on agricultual product 12.2%
some dairy products 42.1% cloths 11.4%
EU Clinical Trials Directive stops medical advances0 -
When money is put into an Account, proof of identity is required but not with Premium Bonds.0
-
When money is put into an Account, proof of identity is required but not with Premium Bonds.
That's not what is suggested by the terms & conditions. At the very least, you need to get someone else to sign that you are who you say you are. Can't remember what other info you need to give.0 -
When money is put into an Account, proof of identity is required but not with Premium Bonds.
all the accounts I have opened over the last 20 years have accepted an electronic transfer or a cheque into a new my account as proof of who I am.EU tariff on agricultual product 12.2%
some dairy products 42.1% cloths 11.4%
EU Clinical Trials Directive stops medical advances0 -
To get registered you need will need to go through some checks.
on-line they need NI no. (see section 8 of the full brochure they may ask for more.)
http://www.nsandi.com/files/asset/pdf/premium-bonds-application-form.pdf
section 6.
Source of funds
Give details of the account
on which your cheque is
drawn. We need this to
comply with anti- money
laundering regulations.
Full brochure(page 8)
http://www.nsandi.com/files/published_files/asset/pdf/premium-bonds-brochure.pdf0 -
And NS&I accept US citizens who are UK resident to buy premium bonds, unlike all other NS&I products.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards