We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
How much would I save with a Company Car?
Jackt90
Posts: 37 Forumite
in Cutting tax
Current situation is as follows:
Private leased vehicle - £375/month (incls tax/MOT)
Insurance - £75/month
Service/tyres etc say £40
Total - £500/month *plus private mileage
*My employer pays for work mileage at 40p/mile. Private mileage I pay for.
I am interested in getting a company car next year when my lease expires. Say I got a £20k car, how much saving could I make roughly?
I'm a lower band tax payer.
Private leased vehicle - £375/month (incls tax/MOT)
Insurance - £75/month
Service/tyres etc say £40
Total - £500/month *plus private mileage
*My employer pays for work mileage at 40p/mile. Private mileage I pay for.
I am interested in getting a company car next year when my lease expires. Say I got a £20k car, how much saving could I make roughly?
I'm a lower band tax payer.
0
Comments
-
Depends on CO2 etc of the car.
You can calculate it here - https://www.gov.uk/calculate-tax-on-company-cars
Will also depend on what your employer will then do about fuel/mileage.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards