Reality Check...

Options

Comments

• reality_check
    Options
    I think I will need to use the cheque money towards car insurrance, plus that £50 birthday money, and my daughters birthday is next week and hoping to spend £100 max...anything left I will put towards paying my daughters money back, hoping to have about £100-£150 left at the end of the month....fingers crossed!!

I didn't even think of cash back - thanks! I will call insurance company and tell them about the new quote i have had and how I can get cash back and hope they will match them! Will have a look on other sites I just used compare the market but might double check see if I can get a cheaper quote.

Speaking of cash back I think I have about £7 to transfer to my bank, and I have £19 from M&S that is showing as tracked from October and last time i checked said would pay out in 10 weeks, that was a few weeks ago....how ridiculously long!!

Have finally found something to sell...two old mobile phones! They don't work though! well 1 was water damaged and the other just has a smashed screen...might check out price to repair and sell on one of those sites that buy mobiles, or see about selling as is - thats a task for over the weekend.

Tomorrow I MUST PHONE AMAZON! this is a mental note to myself to chase that Lovefilm disaster! Equifax was just so easy!! I also need to post a faulty bag back to Kurt Geiger for them to inspect to see if they will refund me £50...it has been in the boot of my car for weeks and always something I never get round to!
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • reality_check
    Options
    Council tax next month is changing from £95 to £110. £15 increase I could do without!!
  • note3
    note3 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    Cor we had a £5 increase so I've gone from miffed to relieved!!!
  • reality_check
    Options
    I know but any increase is something we could do without! Oh well, I'll get over it!

Still not called Virgin or Amazon or posted that bag....it's on my to do list!

The hair dye is finally happening today as I have a date!! Just going out for a few drinks, but need all the help I can get with looking my best. I am glad we're going for a drink, we were nearly going hill walking! I think I had bigged up my going for a run and sounded as if I was a healthy active person...thankfully that's changed before I had a heart attack mountain climbing! He is in the marines so clearly fighting fit so would never have been a good idea going with me. I met him a couple of weeks ago when I went out that night and he is 7 years younger than me so wasn't sure about it, but he seems really nice so why not!

Just at home today so won't be spending anything today or hopefully tomorrow either so that will hopefully claw back anything spent tonight....Still not touched the £5 food money and hope I can keep in my purse until Tuesday! In fact I need petrol, but that is a budgeted spend. I forgot about my use Tesco only plan for petrol and last time I went to BP! Today will make sure I go.

Sun is shining here...hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx
  • reality_check
    Options
    Been checking online figures...Made a few over payments, I like to do this when I have been paid and direct debits have come off, will do little extra bits if and when I can as the month goes on....

On 1st of March my figures were -
    Daughter - £1500 ASAP
    M&S - £400 October 2016
    Barclays (part1) £1400 December 2016
    Santander - £2400 January 2017
    Barclays (part 2) - £3100 June 2017
    Virgin £3000 - August 2018

They are now:

Daughter - £1350 ASAP
    M&S - GONE!!!
    Barclays (part1) £1250 December 2016
    Santander - £1997.03 January 2017 - I just called them and obv not as high as I thought!
    Barclays (part 2) - £3100 June 2017
    Virgin £2958 - August 2018

Really happy, I have made quite large chunks and still have car insurance and my daughters birthday and a few direct debits to come off so need to make sure I do all I can to avoid the dreaded overdraft. No savings will be happening this month, but I will be paying my car insurance in full NOT ON A CREDIT CARD!!
  • note3
    Options
    Woohoo that's excellent progress on paying off debt, not going into overdraft, paying ins in full and having some budget left.

Hope you can top it off with a great date
  • reality_check
    Options
    Have some confessions to make.... I have went way off track this weekend! Well just yesterday really....

I had a lovely time on Saturday evening and only spend £10 and that was on a taxi, and then comes Sunday....

I went shopping with my daughter, which was never going to end well!

Tesco - £10 on a cake to take to my mums, fabric softener and junk food
    Nandos - £20
    Debenhams - £40 - this was in MAC and make up for my daughter
    Boots - £75 - I bought bronzer at £38 and primer at £32 and deodorant....the bronzer wasn't needed just yet but I would have needed it soon and I did need primer, considered a cheaper option but decided against it
    £25 - Tesco I bought new underwear and slippers - not essential just impulse
    £50 - Amazon fire...this was from my daughters birthday budget though!

The bad news is I might not be able to survive until the end of the month without using my overdraft/credit card, so I may need to put car insurance on a credit card after all!!

I need to just get over it and get back to debt busting... a minor blip, just need to remind myself this is what I would do 2-3 times a week, buying things I don't need and eating out.
  • note3
    Options
    Oh no!!! Naughty lady!!! Good god what make up did you buy in boots? I didn't know they did such pricey ones. I buy no 7 mascara and eye liner as a treat and they're about £10 each but they're so nice to use so others are a false economy for me.

What are we gonna do with you :rotfl:
  • reality_check
    Options
    I've tried and tested loads of make up over the years and when I worked on airlines I got great duty free prices and tax free products that I now can only use 'high end' lol or so I tell myself! But I mostly only use Estee Lauder....on a positive note that bronzer will last me the rest of the year and a primer lasts about 3 months...I must sound like a stupid bimbo, in debt but need make up :rotfl:

I'm back on the straight and narrow....

I need to pop into Lidl after work, I am aiming to spend £10, well I'm not aiming, I'm taking £10 out my bank and going in with that only. I just need some chicken, maybe salmon and fruit and veg....should be do-able! I'm really craving fajitas, have wraps at home, onions and tomatoes so can make salsa, just need a peppers, chicken and sour cream.

Still not had anything through from Virgin, will ring them later!
  • reality_check
    Options
    Just off the phone to Virgin, refund was processed on 3rd March and can take up to 35 working days to send out a cheque NOT what I was told....

It's looking like I will need to put car insurance on a card, will dependent on how frugal I can be for the rest of the month... But I had paid nearly £700 this month towards debt, so even though I've had a few steps back, I am still moving forward........slowly!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family