Translink Top Ups

I have been recommended to buy a pink smart-link card as it will save me money.

Does any know the prices for putting 30, 40 and 50 credits on at a time?

Thank you.

Comments

• Are you travelling on Metro, Ulsterbus or Goldline?

Where are you traveling to and from?

Weekly/monthly pass may be better than individual journeys

The number of people paying cash to Translink on a daily basis shocks and appalls me to my very core!
    NO MORE HANDWASH GLITCHES PLEASE :D:D
  • My DS has one - the multi-journey card for a town service - costs between 50p and 53p per journey depending on how much you top-up. Its good for infrequent users. You can top-up on the bus or paypoint or in the depot.

Best to call into your local bus depot and ask - or check out the prices online and see what is best for your needs.
  • GBNI
    GBNI Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can only top up either 10, 20 or 40. 40 will work out the cheapest but the amount depends on the route you are taking.
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    GBNI wrote: »
    You can only top up either 10, 20 or 40. 40 will work out the cheapest but the amount depends on the route you are taking.

I get 40 credits for £47.50, is there a better deal available?
  • Cotta wrote: »

That's good at about £1.19 per journey, far better than £2 cash fare

All depends how many buses you are getting. If you are just going into work in Belfast for example and back again, that's your best bet.

I go across town (2 buses there and back home again 5 days a week) so pay £61 per month for unlimited journeys.
    NO MORE HANDWASH GLITCHES PLEASE :D:D
  • GBNI
    GBNI Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Cotta wrote: »

Certain companies and most Departments in the NICS are part of the Taxsmart scheme which can save you more money if that would be an option? The money for the card comes out of your pay so you save on tax. Although it is only recommended for people who get the bus 5 days a week as you pay the same amount each month, regardless of how many times you use the card.
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2016 at 4:42PM
    GBNI wrote: »
    Certain companies and most Departments in the NICS are part of the Taxsmart scheme which can save you more money if that would be an option? The money for the card comes out of your pay so you save on tax. Although it is only recommended for people who get the bus 5 days a week as you pay the same amount each month, regardless of how many times you use the card.

Careful with salary sacrifice transport schemes (both car and public transport), payments are taken from your gross pay and can potentially reduce your pensionable income. Save some tax now = lower pension at 65.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure