Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

Oil Prices

Options
12346»

Comments

• Graham_Devon
    Graham_Devon Posts: 58,560 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    venison wrote: »
    Spotted today diesel at 129.9 and petrol at 127.9 seems to be rising week by week, not good news for inflation.

Filled up at 130.9 this morning (diesel). Only noticed when filling. Standard supermarket fuel. Quite a jump - Motorway prices were cheaper than this 2 weeks ago!
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The rising oil prices will now be used as an(other) excuse for general prices to go up.
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Looks like I might bring forward my plans for an electric vehicle somewhat. I annually export enough electricity from my PV panels to power my annual mileage.

Any major increase in fuel prices will only hasten the switch to EVs,
  • worldtraveller
    Options
    Oil prices have hit a four-year high of over $81 a barrel after Saudi Arabia and Russia rejected calls by Donald Trump to increase production.

Brent crude hit its highest level since November 2014 at $81.16 a barrel, up 3% on the day.

Saudi Arabia leads the Opec oil cartel, while Russia is the biggest oil producer outside the group.

They met in Algiers on Sunday to discuss global supply levels and US sanctions on Iran.

The meeting ended with no formal agreement on any additional supply boost.

BBC News
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • cogito
    cogito Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Options
    GreatApe wrote: »
    USA shale oil output expected to increase 144kbpd over the next month.
    That is an annualized 1.7 mbpd expansion which is massive

Somethings got to give at this rate if they could sustain it the Americans would exceed 15 mbpd from just shale oil within just five years.

Rising oil prices benefit low cost producers such as American frackers most of all. Curious the Trump should want other countries to increase supply to reduce prices.
  • GreatApe
    GreatApe Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    Options
    GreatApe wrote: »
    The Americans are pumping out nearly 6.4 mbpd in shale oil

Fast forward 9 months and the Americans are producing 7.5 mbpd in shale oil

This year looks to be ~1.3 mbpd production growth from the shale fields of USA

That is huge but not enough to fill global demand growth and falloff in old fields. It is great for the USA but the world needs more prolific shales to keep opec honest for another decade while EVs ramp
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure