NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Sony Playstation 4.

hi there.

Okay so I got a playstation 4 for christmas, which I was delighted with however it's only cause me issues since then and I'm hoping you will be able to help me.

So I set up my PS4 and put on a paypal account (mines) like they asked me to do.

So fast forward time to 5th january and I get two unexpected charges from Sony one being £67.99 and the other being £27.49. I get home to notices these charges happening earlier on in the day, I login into paypal and automatically try and stop these charges going through.
(I panicked because I had no money in my account for that week and I really didn't want to get bank charges etc. plus, I'm a student, I can't go handing out this sort of money).

Anyway, my problems with this now lies, because I automatically refunded it through paypal and not sony they are now not able to refund me, even if I was to give them the money to unban my account, so they can give me the money back.

so where do I stand ? Do I just need to give over this money for games, I'll probably never play ?

Replies

• You can raise a dispute as many other people here have done, but in the end one question - why the holy blue hell did you put any payment details into the console?

There's no NEED to put any payment details into the machine, it may ask for it, but you're equally entitled to tell it to bolt.

Another question I'm going to ask, who else has access to your console - namely do you have children or younger siblings?

You'll find Sony will be less than helpful, but it is possible they may refund you..... Why though, well, that's a whole other debate for a whole different day.
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Why oh why did you enter your PayPal details, I bet 1 of the payments was for a psn subscription.
  • DCFC79 wrote: »
    Why oh why did you enter your PayPal details, I bet 1 of the payments was for a psn subscription.

Neither of those match up to any PSN sub that I know of, certainly not directly from Sony at any rate - that'd be either £5.99/£14.99/£39.99. If I had to guess, given timing perhaps FIFA bundled with some FUT packs & something from the January sale, but that's pure speculation.

OP - should be able to find details here on how to remove any payment methods stored on your console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwGr-LM2VeY
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    bluenoseam wrote: »
    Neither of those match up to any PSN sub that I know of, certainly not directly from Sony at any rate - that'd be either £5.99/£14.99/£39.99. If I had to guess, given timing perhaps FIFA bundled with some FUT packs & something from the January sale, but that's pure speculation.

OP - should be able to find details here on how to remove any payment methods stored on your console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwGr-LM2VeY

A bad guess I made.

Thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event