Applying for loans when between employment

Options
Hello,

I am due to begin a new job next week, and would like to take out a loan for £7000 to enable me to buy a car.

I have spoken to Northern Rock to see how this would effect an application and they have advised me to apply once I begin the job, and that they may ask to see my last 3 months wageslips at any point. The problem I have here is that, I have taken a 4 week break between leaving my old job and starting this new one, hence I have had a month without an income. I mentioned this to the person at Northern Rock, and she still just insisted that I call back to apply once I start my new job.

Does anyone have experience of doing this, is it likely that I would get accepted without have 3 months of constant income to prove?

My take home pay will be a minimum of £1200 per month but I'll be getting commission on top. I live with my parents so my guaranteed outgoings are only £250 per month, and I have checked my credit with Experian and Equifax who have rated me as good and excellent respectively, so there shouldn't be any problems with this side of things.

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Why not show your last two months payslips at your old job and send them a copy of your contract of employment confirming your salary from your new job.
  • Purplefly_2
    Options
    ejones999 wrote: »
    Why not show your last two months payslips at your old job and send them a copy of your contract of employment confirming your salary from your new job.

That's a good idea. I didn't consider this, as when I spoke the lady the other day she only mentioned wageslips, although I explained my situation. I'll give them a call in the morning to see if they accept this. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure