Xbox one question

FrogletFroglet Forumite
2.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hubby just got xbox one,and has downloaded world of tanks.He already plays it on the pc and has decided not to keep it on the Xbox.However it is proving very difficult to delete.The weeks trial ends soon.Is it likely to go if he spends no money on it or is there a way it can be deleted before then?

Any help appreciated !

Replies

• Tyler_DuTyler_Du Forumite
    712 Posts
    From memory on xbox, goto games and apps, select WoT game, manage game, delete. What trial are you referring to ? I though WoT was a free to play game with optional purchases.
    I'll assume you mean the free 7 day gold subscription, if you don't take the full sub out you won't be able to play any online games. Its worth taking out the subscription as you get free games every month (if you pay for the gold subscription)
  • FrogletFroglet Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Thanks.At the moment he doesn't want to play online or take out the gold subscription.He downloaded the tanks to see what it was like on a bigger screen but has actually got into armoured warfare on the pc and likes it better than world of tanks.
  • unholyangelunholyangel Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Froglet wrote: »
    Thanks.At the moment he doesn't want to play online or take out the gold subscription.He downloaded the tanks to see what it was like on a bigger screen but has actually got into armoured warfare on the pc and likes it better than world of tanks.

Just a word of warning - if he signed up to microsofts offer of free gold and input his card details, it may be set to auto renew.

If he does decide he wants gold, you can get it for £25-28 for the year. At a little over £2 a month, it really is worth it - especially with the games now being made backwards compatible, the "games with gold" for 360 are usually playable on xbone - so double the amount of free games.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • bluenoseambluenoseam Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    From here on out any games in the Games With Gold promotion are backwards compatible - Microsoft themselves said this I think it was last month.

If a card has been registered you'll need to go to xbox.com to "de-register" it, only takes a few seconds.
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
  • Johnmcl7Johnmcl7 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Forumite
    As above, did you enter any credit card details? If so, I'd remove them.

Instead I prefer to use prepaid credit and Xbox Live codes as that way if the worst happens and you accidentally buy something, all you can waste is the credit on the machine whereas with a credit card attached to the account, there is no limit to the purchases.
  • FrogletFroglet Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Forumite
    No,hubby is very cautious about entering credit details.He doesn't want to go online,at least not at the moment.

We did finally find out how to delete tanks from the Xbox website.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum