We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mileage Allowance Relief - do i need to re register?
asoe209
Posts: 362
Forumite
in Cutting tax
Morning just a quick question to the above title.
I have been informed that I can claim back the difference on business mileage as my company pays 11p per mile.
I was talking to someone yesterday that said a self assessment needs to be completed, which needs to be registered to via HMRC to receive login details.
I'm not 100% sure if I need to re register to do this self assessment as I previously completed assessments while I was self employed along side my full time employment.
So can I just use the same self employment details I did with my pervious self assessment, as only my actual employment details will be put on this as I have not be trading.
or do I need to register again?
I have been informed that I can claim back the difference on business mileage as my company pays 11p per mile.
I was talking to someone yesterday that said a self assessment needs to be completed, which needs to be registered to via HMRC to receive login details.
I'm not 100% sure if I need to re register to do this self assessment as I previously completed assessments while I was self employed along side my full time employment.
So can I just use the same self employment details I did with my pervious self assessment, as only my actual employment details will be put on this as I have not be trading.
or do I need to register again?
0
Comments
-
Morning just a quick question to the above title.
I have been informed that I can claim back the difference on business mileage as my company pays 11p per mile.
I was talking to someone yesterday that said a self assessment needs to be completed, which needs to be registered to via HMRC to receive login details.
I'm not 100% sure if I need to re register to do this self assessment as I previously completed assessments while I was self employed along side my full time employment.
So can I just use the same self employment details I did with my pervious self assessment, as only my actual employment details will be put on this as I have not be trading.
or do I need to register again?
Will your expenses be more than £2500?
If not then you would complete a P87 instead and no need for self assessment.
If over £2500 you do need to do self assessment. Your UTR would be the same as before but if you haven't been doing returns then the number would be dormant and you'd need to make it live again. Not sure how you would do this, someone else can probably confirm how.0 -
well I only started in September so I doubt it will be over £2500 so ill take a look at that form.0
-
Also just to ask, when should this be completed?0
-
Not until after the tax year has ended.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards