New Post Advanced Search

tv makeovers/finances

5 replies 1.1K views
hi everyone first time post so be gentle with any replys please ;)
is it only me or is anyone else sick of seeing people with money on tv programmes getting help with their home/garden makeovers or their finances etc,for example trevor macdonald`s show with rosie millard,this woman has over £1million in property and Martin gets called in to help her sort out her debts :mad:
when was the last time someone from a council estate got help with their problems (i am not blaming Martin or having a go at him)
i know tv bosses will say that is what we want to see but is it?

Replies

• Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a thread here about a previous programme Martin did, fairly ordinary people in that one who got themselves in debt.
  • FJSRiDERFJSRiDER Forumite
    155 posts
    is it only me or is anyone else sick of seeing people with money on tv programmes getting help with their finances, for example trevor macdonald`s show with rosie millard,this woman has over £1million in property and Martin gets called in to help her sort out her debts
    I thought the show said Rosie Millard had over a million in mortgage debt.... :question:

Personally I like the shows although I too would rather see 'real' people featured over media tarts chatting about their profligate spending in a coffee shop.... :rolleyes:
  • QueenieQueenie Forumite
    8.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    :hello: Welcome kennysatman :wave:

We were also discussing the issue of debt programmes generally (not just Martin's) over in Moneysaving Old Style; if you're interested you can view that thread under the title Spendaholics Programme - it's an interesting read :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • thanks for the replys, i never bothered searching for any other posts of this type so sorry if it was duplicating others
  • QueenieQueenie Forumite
    8.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need to apologise, you were raising an interesting point! One that many of us share :D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support