Waitrose hampers half price

Comments

• still vastly overpriced for what's in them. Hampers really are extremely poor value for money and not at all MSE, even at half price.

You can make your own for so much less, they can contain exactly what you want and they look so much nicer, as well as being a gift that is personal and into which a lot of thought has gone.
  • moonshine wrote: »
    still vastly overpriced for what's in them. Hampers really are extremely poor value for money and not at all MSE, even at half price.

You can make your own for so much less, they can contain exactly what you want and they look so much nicer, as well as being a gift that is personal and into which a lot of thought has gone.
    I agree even on those prices 1/2 price its a rip off

But thank you for taking the time to post an offer you thought someone might like? doesn't hurt to be nice to people, even if you don't agree with their post............. Merry Christmas! :)
    .•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:Scottish & proud of it! .•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    pjran wrote: »
    I've not tried reserving one yet but here's the link to the offer

Thanks for the post I like the look of the Wooden Box http://www.waitrosegifts.com/all-gifts/waitrose-seriously-gift-crate

Yes hamper can be expensive but don't forget you are paying for the basket/box as well as the contents and if you want a gift for someone then hampers are a nice present.
    But thank you for taking the time to post an offer you thought someone might like? doesn't hurt to be nice to people, even if you don't agree with their post............. Merry Christmas!
    icon14.gif
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • Meadows wrote: »
    Thanks for the post I like the look of the Wooden Box http://www.waitrosegifts.com/all-gifts/waitrose-seriously-gift-crate

Yes hamper can be expensive but don't forget you are paying for the basket/box as well as the contents and if you want a gift for someone then hampers are a nice present.

icon14.gif

...and then you have the problem of disposing of the overpriced packaging....how many of use ever use the 'wonderful wicker hamper' or whatever is advertised?

Thanks for sharing, OP - anyone who orders by noon gets delivery tomorrow, so could solve an overlooked gift!
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    ...and then you have the problem of disposing of the overpriced packaging....how many of use ever use the 'wonderful wicker hamper' or whatever is advertised?
    QUOTE]

I have had several hampers over the years and used every one, the big hampers are handy for storing bedding etc. or even usable as a toy box.
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • Thanks OP - these are nice when you want to have a special looking gift.
    Fingers crossed my local store has some
  • doesn't hurt to be nice to people, even if you don't agree with their post

sorry, but I must be missing something. Where in my post was I not 'nice to people'?

All I can see is that I was commenting on the poor value of hampers in general. Or aren't we allowed an opinion on here in case it disagrees with someone?
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Totally agree about them not being value for money. looking at the contents without all the packaging confirms it to me. I like the look of the basket, and would use for something else, but still not buy at that price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure